WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO SEE MY R/C USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some shots of her hangers an the elevators worked up an down an the hanger doors opened an closed for sailing in rough wheather which she did at times P1060657.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An lastly a lovely strb shot of her on the pond an this model is 1/144 scale an 7yrs to build an a the build of a lifetime as I wont be able to do it againP1060693.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI All sorry about build pics not uploading but beyond my control but in a few days time I should have a 6 sheet plans set of HMS TIGER C20 in 1/72 scale from the post man

so I will using my new camera put on here but in the build section a complete build of her an in 1/72 scale she is 95 inches long so it should take me the nxt 5 yrs or so to
scratchbuild her as I don't think they do a grp hull so im gonna have fun with all the working features with full R/C that will be on her as well just got to hope the money lasts out lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
TEST PICS

HI Guys this is just two test pics to see how they come out on the forum as the build would not upload on here ive treid a diferrent approach by downloading pics to printer an printing pics off.
Then using my new camera takeing a pic of the pic that been printed off an then uploading on here but if they are not very good i'll stop

1st pic of underside of hull with my wife jenIMG_3832.JPG holding it this is about half way through the build when pics taken. She is about 5ft 7" so you can see what size the ship was an it came in two halves for ease of tranport

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN from top deck view the sqares that are cut in the deck are for inspeckion hatches which were held in place by magnets an to load an unload the main batts that powered her when sailingIMG_3829.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry Guys but im not happy with the pics so im stopping there

chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Christopher
Simply stunning. The size, the detail and the time and cost involved. Thanks for the photos.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks jim an PaulE for the kind comments but I thought id found a way to post the Nimitz build but its no go with pics like that an I think I found out the reason
why the build pics wont post on the forum an its all to do with that my friend with my ok to download the Nimitz build

to his pc an then he uploaded the build pics into a m- stick to me an I then downloaded the pics into my new pc the pics had lost their image jpeg designation an the forum wont have nothin to lock onto to upload to the thread - oh ive got a headacke LOL

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Can you change the file extension back to .jpeg?
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Can you change the file extension back to .jpeg?
Pete
HI Pete no I can't as the original pic's with the jpeg image of the Nimitz build are on my old p/c with the trogen in it as I got hacked by someone from Poland but I had the p/c fixed an they said its safe to use as the trogen is in clink in the old p/c.But im not takein any chances on this as I don't want to infect my new p/c or anyone eles but thank you for your intrest

Reactions: JR

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
You're welcome. So what extension do the files on the memory stick have?
Pete

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Can you open the pics on your current PC from the memory stick? If so you should be able to save them to you hard drive, maybe use a different file name. Altneratively (and more time consuming) if you can open the pics you could then hit the print screen button which will copy them to the clipboard, then open Paint and paste them into a new picture, then save.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Pete
You're welcome. So what extension do the files on the memory stick have?
Pete
I no longer have m- stick as had to send it back to my friend in porstmouth

Can you open the pics on your current PC from the memory stick? If so you should be able to save them to you hard drive, maybe use a different file name. Altneratively (and more time consuming) if you can open the pics you could then hit the print screen button which will copy them to the clipboard, then open Paint and paste them into a new picture, then save.
An Bob yes I can open the pics on my new pc as they are in my pictures section but i don't know how to do what you are saying as im new to this pc an still learning sorry

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Pete

I no longer have m- stick as had to send it back to my friend in porstmouth

An Bob yes I can open the pics on my new pc as they are in my pictures section but i don't know how to do what you are saying as im new to this pc an still learning sorry
Can you open your Pictures folder and see what the files are named?
Pete