WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO SEE MY R/C USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD ?

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
If there's no extension then you should be able to add a .jpeg extension; right-click on one of the filenames, you should get a pop-up menu, one of the options being Rename. Click on that and a box will appear round the filename. Click after the filename but inside the box, and type .jpeg then click outside the box and you will have added the file extension.
Pete

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
If there's no extension then you should be able to add a .jpeg extension; right-click on one of the filenames, you should get a pop-up menu, one of the options being Rename. Click on that and a box will appear round the filename. Click after the filename but inside the box, and type .jpeg then click outside the box and you will have added the file extension.
Pete
OK Pete many thanks for takin the time to tell me that I will have a go in a minute an if it works I will bring up a pic but please remember im still
learning on this pc an im not v- good as ive not really used a pc for ten yrs so a lot to catch up on
an failing what you just said I txt'ed my friend in Portsmouth who sent me my build pics an told him whats happened an he says he will ask his brother how to get around it so if I cant then hopefully his brother can jpeg the pics as resend them to me to post so fingers crossed

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well ive done it Pete so I will now try an see if it will upload the pic an its one of the first pics of the build an I had a crap camera at the time so pic not brilliant but there is only about
4 pics an then I bought a good camera an the pics are ok so here goes if it works i'll spend all tomorrow jpeg'in the ship build an the post in the build section fingers crossed

No joy Pete dint work it came up again same as before an I done rename an clicked on pic an hit backspace an got rid of the carrier build 1 an typed in jpeg 1 an then cliked out of pic an it said jpeg 1 an when l looked at the pic it still is named as that so lets hope my mate brother can help aaaaaaaahhhhhh headacke comin again lol

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well ive done it Pete so I will now try an see if it will upload the pic an its one of the first pics of the build an I had a crap camera at the time so pic not brilliant but there is only about
4 pics an then I bought a good camera an the pics are ok so here goes if it works i'll spend all tomorrow jpeg'in the ship build an the post in the build section fingers crossed

No joy Pete dint work it came up again same as before an I done rename an clicked on pic an hit backspace an got rid of the carrier build 1 an typed in jpeg 1 an then cliked out of pic an it said jpeg 1 an when l looked at the pic it still is named as that so lets hope my mate brother can help aaaaaaaahhhhhh headacke comin again lol
Just re-reading what you wrote, it looks as if you changed the name but not the extension, did you add the .jpeg? Your full filename would then be "jpeg 1.jpeg"
Can't think what else to suggest - hope your brother can help.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Pete
HI again Pete thought another way to bring build pics up but I don't know if it would work an if anyone else can tell me I would welcome the info will have a go

Now my idea I wonder if I brought up the Nimitz build pics an put a dvd disk into my pc tray an burn the pics on to disk { if I can that is as I have only burnt one disk an that was ten yrs ago } would the pc put jpeg designation back onto the pics an if it did then I could redownload the pics into a file folder an then would they upload onto site ?
BUT I HAVE GOT TO FIND OUT HOW TO BURN PICS TO DVD ?

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I don't think burning them to DVD would help. If you just click on one of the photos, then click on the File menu at the top left, can you see the "Save as..." option? Click on that, and you should see a folder, and underneath will be two boxes, one for the file name, one for the file type. jpg or jpeg (they're the same) should be one of the options for the file type.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I don't think burning them to DVD would help. If you just click on one of the photos, then click on the File menu at the top left, can you see the "Save as..." option? Click on that, and you should see a folder, and underneath will be two boxes, one for the file name, one for the file type. jpg or jpeg (they're the same) should be one of the options for the file type.
Pete
You are right Pete burning to a disk dint help so I give it a go what you saying now

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Christopher

Many time we see posts with comments like awsome or excellent - your build really is deserving of being described as awsome!

Brilliant - thanks for sharing the photos.

Peter

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Christopher

Many time we see posts with comments like awsome or excellent - your build really is deserving of being described as awsome!

Brilliant - thanks for sharing the photos.

Peter
HI Peter many thanks for your kind comments an im glad you liked the finished ship you've built up my mojo again as tryin to show these picture s of the build well Pete [ STILP ] an me have tried everything we can think of but no joy no pics up just got to hope my mate brother can think it through how to bring pics up
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Guys does anyone know what BMP stands for on picture files ?

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Bitmap. Another of the standard ways of storing a digital image.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bitmap. Another of the standard ways of storing a digital image.
Pete
HI Pete well that's whats imbedded in my Nimitz build pictures as I see this every time I click on the pics

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
OK, hope your brother can sort it out for you.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rob many thanks for putting the link on so the guys can see my NIMITZ build as I thought all the build pics were lost anyway have you thought up a ship you want to build yet an I hope you are well
chris