Yak 9t -37 1/48 scale

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Dobry den'! comrades. Here i present for the approval of the commisariat my latest build. This is the icm kit of the Yak 9T-37 in 1/48 scale. As with other icm kits ive done ,i found it to be a very pleasant build, good fit reasonable level of detail, although i did use aftermarket decals(AML , ivan stepanenkos aircraft) due to there being none in the kit as it was an under the tables buy at the newark show, (bargain at £5!!) I added a few extra details such as seat belts, gunsight,and undercarriage inner door retraction mechanism, but apart from that its pretty much standard. Eagle eyed yak buffs among you might notice the absence of the bulletproof screen behind the pilots head, i forgot to put it in (OOPS!! schoolboy error )but its too late now hee hee! Even with this omission i consider this to be one of the best builds ive done so im very satisfied with it. Here are the pics , as usual comments criticisms welcome , Spasibo! tony:plane:

View attachment 24297

View attachment 24298

View attachment 24299

View attachment 24300

View attachment 24301

View attachment 24302

View attachment 24303

View attachment 24304

View attachment 24305

P1060686 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060693 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060691 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060681 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060690 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060679 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060692 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060689 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060685 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

F

Fenlander

I think you are right to be proud of that one Tony, it looks stunning. What are the colours used?. I love the less common subjects that keep cropping up. I would never have thought of even looking at this but it really is a nice kit. Hope you have something under your fury hat for the GB. Nice one bud.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks graham , i just use standard tamiya paints for the russian two tone grey scheme, XF 19 for the lt grey , xf 54 for the dk grey and xf23 for the underside blue. I know that white ensign do the proper soviet AMT colours in their range but the tamiya colours look close enough for me ,especially when theyve been muckied up a bit after the post shading. As for the GB, i wanted to do something a bit out of my comfort zone but possibly out of the stash too, so i might do an aircraft out of the stash (surprise, surprise,! theres a few russian ones in there!!!!) but with a figure to go with it , which is definitely uncomfortable for me as i have to get the face spot on on this one! All will be revealed soon , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice build Ton', and a nice backdrop too, shows the model off a treat.

Ron

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, I'll have to follow you one day for all these bargains you pick up, excellent job, unusual colours well excecuted. Cheers Derek

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Tony,

You're right to be pleased despite the omission! That's a nice piece of work.

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is a cracker. I know very little about Soviet aircraft but I can spot a good model of one when I see it! Top draw stuff.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks everyone, glad you like it. Ron the backdrop was carefully constructed to give the perfect balance of light below merging to a slightly more shaded area at the top whilst still giving a neutral , light background for the subject. (or did i just plonk it on an offcut of wallpaper turned back to front? what do you reckon!?) cheers chaps , tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks everyone, glad you like it. Ron the backdrop was carefully constructed to give the perfect balance of light below merging to a slightly more shaded area at the top whilst still giving a neutral , light background for the subject. (or did i just plonk it on an offcut of wallpaper turned back to front? what do you reckon!?) cheers chaps , tony
Yes I knew exactly what it was 'cos we have the same wallpaper in our outside toilet (The one down the garden, where we have the phone book as toilet paper)

But us being muckers and all, I don't want to tell everyone what you used for the background, so I'll say nowt!

:beer:

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well, i see you've been at it again Tony. This is a work of art matey, absolutely beautiful.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Yes I knew exactly what it was 'cos we have the same wallpaper in our outside toilet (The one down the garden, where we have the phone book as toilet paper)But us being muckers and all, I don't want to tell everyone what you used for the background, so I'll say nowt!

:beer:

Ron
Cheers mate, dont want everyone knowing our secrets eh?!We use the yellow pages in ours, the drawback being the print sometimes comes off,so when we wanted a phone no for a new aerial,i had to drop my trousers and read it in the mirror, i should have started using the pages from z!! LOL , tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Well, i see you've been at it again Tony. This is a work of art matey, absolutely beautiful.Have fun, John
thanks john ,much appreciated mate, cheers tony