Yaks Airfix Scorpion 1/76 (Beowulfs little armour gb)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi all heres the scorpion finished . Great little kit , perfect for an armour numpty like me as its not too complicated! I couldnt resist adding a few touches though ,( thinned the mudguards ,drilled out exhaust and gun barrel , added viewing ports ,replaced machine gun and headlights , added sidelights and indicators front and back and added aerials) Its in the arctic camo cause i liked the look of it and it hasnt got any markings cause it didnt come with any decals (or if it did ive lost them !) , plus its not really representative of either a prototype or a production machine so its not exactly accurate but i dont mind ,I enjoyed it so thats what its all about really isnt it? Thanks to Paul (Beowulf) for suggesting it and Honourable mentions go to Ian (papa 695 ) for letting me pick his brains , and Simon T for the excellent reference pics. Heres the pics , comments ,criticisms ,observations, ridicule , groundless insults , cash ,cheques ,postal orders and green shield stamps welcome! cheers tony332231332232332233332234332235332236332237332238332239332240332241

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dude that is tiny! Nice work and good to see it in something other than green!

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That's looking great :thumb2:
The camo turned out really well ;)

It might benefit from a subtle pinwash to pop out some of the details, but that's a personal taste ofcourse, it's a fine model, good idea to add those extra details ;)
Cheers Steven

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work Tony....A clean tidy parade finish.
It really is a tiddler!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That's looking great :thumb2:
The camo turned out really well ;)

It might benefit from a subtle pinwash to pop out some of the details, but that's a personal taste ofcourse, it's a fine model, good idea to add those extra details ;)
Cheers Steven
I think youre right Steven , I did contemplate giving it a wash and muddying up the wheels a bit but bottled out ,i was thinking maybe the tiny size would make the wash seem a bit OTT? I did use a wash on the engine grilles , maybe I'll give it a try on the rest of it , I just dont want it to look too grubby , cheers tony

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful work Tony. The nail decoration certainly adds a lot to the build. Liking the factory look. Great stuff