I'm leaving the model for another day to allow the Modelair to fully cure just to be on the safe side , dont want to take any chances. In the meantime Ive been looking at detailing the canopies . The rear one slides backwards and the front hinges sideways, so ive started to make the catches/levers etc ,starting with the rear section. This has a lever and a slide each side which ive made from plastic stock and fuse wire , the ball coming courtesy of the caviar nail art set .(see entry in unconventional materials thread http/www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/unconventional-modelling-materials-list.7842/page-8#post-211928 ) Ive also been making the retractable landing light that sits under the port wing root . I intend to show this extended , not realistic on a static aircraft I know but then neither is having the flaps deployed halfway while on the ground , call it artistic licence!. Iused a holographic sequin for the reflector and crash moulded a back , all ive got to do now is add a lens and drill the hole under the wing.
Hi all , finally got round to the decals today . The stars are from the frog kit sheet and the Bort number is from the spares box. I wanted to put stencils on too but there arent any on the sheet and no one does any in 1/32 .I'm not fussed about them being exactly right ,as long as they are the right colour (mainly blue) and are in russian it doesnt matter what they say , you cant read them anyway!! so I resorted to nicking some from the Revell 1/32 MiG 29 UBT sheet , the ones i pinched are for the weapons pylons and I dont think i'm going to do it fully bombed up so its ok . Luckily there arent too many on the aircraft so I didnt have to nick too many. So off I went but DISASTER ! < the fricking star decals broke up when they hit the water , the first few werent too bad just breaking into 2 or 3 pieces so I carried on but when I got to the last 2 (on the wing tops) they each broke into dozens of tiny bits !! as you can imagine my language was very colourful but I managed to piece them more or less together , I'll have to touch up the missing bits. The paintwork has had all the different shades applied to various access panels , ailerons and the nose and tail sections . The rest of the build is just the tiny details that take up a lot of time but in this scale are essential .heres the pics , cheers tony
Quick update, the main airframe is just about done its just all the little bits now. I have added extra bits to the undercarriage legs and doors such as brake and hydraulic lines , retaining catches and ive also been making some retraction jacks for the doors. The rear canopy is done just the front one to do now , and the landing light is ready to put in at the last minute . heres some pics , cheers tony
Almost there!! The final finishing of all the knocky off bits is done , just a case of fitting them now . I'm hoping to have this done to take to the competition at the Newark Expo sunday so i should have some completed pics maybe tomorrow. Cheers tony
At last ! over the finish line 4 months late . This build turned out to be a bit of a marathon due to several factors but its finally done. I felt I had to make a simple base to get a better effect. Thanks to all who have had the patience and stamina to follow this through to the end , Ill be posting a load of pics on a seperate completed thread so any comments on that one please , cheers tony