Yaks MiG 21 Eduard 1/48 slovakian air force

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Paint is starting to get splashed about now . It had the all over sky grey applied a week or so ago, so today ive been masking up and spraying the white areas using the blu/white tack sausage method. Its a very fiddly time consuming job but its simply the best way of getting a nice feathered edge. next job is to mask the grey and white and apply the black bits. Heres a few pics , cheers tony

DSCN2132.JPG

DSCN2133.JPG

DSCN2134.JPG

DSCN2135.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was going to say it looks good Tony, but with all that bluetac and masking tape it looks like it's just come out of the fire.

cracking work really Tony.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Making good progress, need to get back to mine now I have finished travelling for a couple of weeks.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
My missus just said the same thing Ian! she says it looks like its been on fire! big reveal tomorrow when i'll see if the masking worked or if i need to start touching up, cheers tony

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You're a little further ahead than me Tony. I have the first coat of primer and filler touch up done to mine today.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well im quite pleased with the result after taking off all the white tack and masking tape. Theres just a few tiny areas where the black has crept through gaps in the tape but they should be easily sorted. After that the next step is clear coat ,decals and weathering, then its onto the final stages such as undercarriage , jet exhaust and dielectric panels . Heres some pics and one of the pattern as shown on the instructions, cheers tony

DSCN2144.JPG

DSCN2145.JPG

DSCN2146.JPG

DSCN2147.JPG

DSCN2148.JPG

D

dubster72

That looks excellent Tony! You've followed the diagram really closely; I can't see any variation, something I struggle to achieve.

Clearly I'm lagging behind in this GB, I must crack on!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Tony. That is quite an eye-catching camouflage scheme.

K

Kressy_13

Nice work on the came, looks great and it's something a little different. 

Cheers.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just been catching up with this one. Great Job all round so far.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well ive been messing with the undercarriage , I know its a weekend kit but the U/C legs were just too bare as they were . I had to add a few vital bits to make them better. I added 2 brake lines to the front leg , and brake lines and conduits to the 2 main legs. The other very noticeable feature of the 21s main gear is the scissor linkage that is attached to the bottom , moveable, part of the leg undercarriage door . I assume on the profipacks its on the etch sheet but mine being the weekend I had to make my own with plastic strip. Ive also added a loop to each wheel hub to represent the lines there . I'll put the pics in the next post as theyre on my phone and im on the laptop now, cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0934.JPG Well its been a while since i did anything to this due to being very busy helping a mate with his kitchen and changing to 11 hour shifts at work. As a result its been sat in the house for a month or so waiting fir decals. Ive finally got them on now and the dielectric panels have been painted snot green. Next up is a panel wash and final varnish coat( i havent decided if its going to be matt or satin , i need to check some reference pics) After that like Rick ill be putting on the last knocky off bits. Heres a couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 2