Yaks MiG 21 Eduard 1/48 slovakian air force

D

dubster72

Excellent, a victory for all us hoarders! :smiling3: a Gordon Banks of a save there Tony

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well saved tony. And the rest of us now have an example for defence when our wives ask why we are keeping all those bits of rubbish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well saved tony. And the rest of us now have an example for defence when our wives ask why we are keeping all those bits of rubbish.
One mans rubbish is another mans nose ring Dave!:D:D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after filling and sanding I got a coat of grey on the repair to see how it looked . It needed a bit more sanding then it has had a coat of black. The replacement nose ring was also painted gunmetal and is drying. This build just doesnt seem to want to cross the finish line though , as I was taking off the blu tac masking it pulled off part of the serial number decal!:mad: So now ive got this to try and rescue , along with the nosewheel door to re fix , and a new AOA vane to make as ive knocked off the other one!:oops:, cheers tony

Attachments

• DSCN2218 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    DSCN2218 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2219 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    DSCN2219 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2220 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    DSCN2220 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    53 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2221 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    DSCN2221 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 14

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
as I was taking off the blu tac masking it pulled off part of the serial number decal!
Actually I think it gives the aircraft a nice worn look Tony :smiling3: Look forward to the finish (if it isn't already, haven't checked the completed builds yet)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after a lot of hassle i think i managed to salvage the build . The new nose ring worked perfectly , it was just the spraying and masking that was a bit of a bugger ( again , my fault !) hence me having to repair the serial with tiny strips of decal from the spares box ! anyways heres the finished repair and ill be putting a completed thread on in a while, thanks for following , cheers tonyDSCN2235 [Desktop Resolution].JPG DSCN2239 [Desktop Resolution].JPG DSCN2240 [Desktop Resolution].JPG DSCN2223 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

Last edited: