Yaks muscle car build - revell 1/25 Camaro z28

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok peeps here is my subject for the muscle car gb. Its the Revell 1/25 Camaro z28 rs. Its a simple enough kit , no opening doors or boot , just the bonnet . Im not a big fan of the RS triple headlights so i was pleasantly surprised to see that the standard grille and headlights are included on the sprues so im going to use those. I might not put the boot spoiler on either . Heres a pic of the box top and a teaser of the colour im going to do it, cheers tony

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 39

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Got the same kit Tony so looking forward to the "ride"
Good luck cheers John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice Tony,I,m a fan of American muscle cars,I must say,:D
will look forward to seeing this build,:rolleyes:
would like to do the chopper in the box art,;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Going to join in and watch this one Tony, and a nice colour too. Didn't you have your fingernails that colour at Newark ? :rolleyes:;):smiling3:
Cheers ian , no i didnt have my fingernails that colour at newark! .....they were flamingo pink :rolleyes:;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will be watching this one. I do hope that you write a good how to on painting with the nail varnish. I tried it once and failed misserably. It would be nice to see how it is done.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice choice Tony. I too will be interested to see the nail varnish technique.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
and a teaser of the colour im going to do
Have you been hanging around the discount make up counter again ? But do tell, is that the colour, or actually the paint you are going to use ?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Have you been hanging around the discount make up counter again ? But do tell, is that the colour, or actually the paint you are going to use ?

You should know our Tony by now Col! If he's not rummaging about in the bargain boxes at the shows, he's mooching about the cosmetics counter in a pound shop somewhere!:D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Both colin , im going to try spraying the body with nail varnish so thats the actual stuff im using. Ill hopefully do a step by step account of the process(unless it doesnt work then ill bury the thread without trace:D:D)

F

Fenlander

Both colin , im going to try spraying the body with nail varnish so thats the actual stuff im using. Ill hopefully do a step by step account of the process(unless it doesnt work then ill bury the thread without trace:D:D)

That's the spirit :p

B

Builder

Ive got the Revell 69 Camaro Snaptite kit, and it will be interesting to see the difference between that and this one.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Interesting, so what will you use for thinners ? cellulose ?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Love it Tony I'll be on board for this one ( not that I really do cars ( exempt drive em ) looks a sweet kit and your wife's nail polish will defo look the part too ( sorry wasn't meaning to be bad there but couldn't resist!
Honestly thoug the colour will look fab and from your previous builds we are in for a great surprise.

Kind regards

Robert

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
We all know the nail Varnish is for his Saturday nights out! Keeping a watch on this one :smiling3: