Yaks Tiger meet Puma

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Here is my entry for the Tiger meet SIG. The Revell 1/144 Puma hc1 . This looks like a beautifully detailed little kit , on a par with the best Sweet can offer, with super fine mouldings and nice scale recessed lines. The decal sheet should be good too , as its made by Daco of Italy . I reckon the biggest headache im going to have is finding a shade of orange that looks right, but so will most other participants!! cheers tony:vacat:

View attachment 66365

View attachment 66366

View attachment 66367

View attachment 66368

P1110793 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110794 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110795 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110796 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P

Polux

I want to see what you do with it Tony!

Looking at your last build, this one can be terrific!!

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
After seeing what you did with that tiny little kamov. I can hardly contain myself eith what you will get out of this one.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cockpit done , ready to get the fuselage closed up. The cockpit is very well detailed given its tiny size , the only thing i have added is painted on seat belts , which will look fine when the canopy is on. The other area where I want to add a bit is the exhausts . The kit just leaves the hole meaning you can see into the rotor shaft area , but the real thing has an exhaust duct ,so a bit of 'unconventional materials' thinking later and I came up with the perfect solution- cotton bud stem , cut on a slant and to be added after painting . cheers tony

View attachment 66845

View attachment 66846

View attachment 66847

View attachment 66848

View attachment 66849

View attachment 66850

P1110806 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110807 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110808 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110809 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110810 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110811 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looks good Tony, and great idea for the exhausts.

Tony.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Tony, great idea using that cotton bud.

M

mobear

reminds me of the advert where the woman says`you`re so little`lol great detailing so far though

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As with the Blackjack , the sunny weather has kept me out of the shed doing other things , but heres the latest progress. The transparencies and cabin roof are fitted and the fiddly 2 part sponsons have been glued on just needing a touch of vallejo acrylic putty on the back joint. These sponsons are a bit of a task as the TINY undercarriage legs have to be fitted between the sponson and the fuselage but the small size means it isnt easy! The other thing is because they are so tiny and fragile i managed to cut off one of the wheel stubs while taking it off the sprue!! (the right hand one in pic 3) so this need repairing / fixing somehow. I'm not looking forward to painting the wheels either , those are only about 1 1/2 mm in diameter too!

View attachment 67554

View attachment 67555

View attachment 67556

View attachment 67557

P1110812 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110813 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110817 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110819 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That looks like fiddly, eye straining work Tony! Very impressive. Do you use a magnifier or are your peepers up to the challenge?!!!

I'm the wrong side of 45 now and I am starting to hold reading matter further away than i used to I've just bought one of those head magnifiers for the really small work and figures.

I'm thinking the decals will be quite challenging too especially at this scale, although I think they will be the making of a really stunning 1/72 helicopter.

Strike that last statement! 1/144, man you're insane!!!!!

Truly impressive stuff, I can't wait to see the finished tiny model.

Great stuff

ATB

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You're not related to Willard Wigan are you Tony?

Gern

PS I know you'll probably have thought of it, but couldn't you cut off the other stub, drill a hole through and insert a short piece of wire?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers guys , paul , i do use a magnifying lamp for just about everything these days (wrong side of 45 myself!) and dave ,I dont think ive got a drill bit small enough ! maybe i'll just send it to Willard to fix for me - it would be a piece of cake for him!! , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking awesome, way too small and fiddly with my hands and eyes now, despite having a magnifying lamp lol. My 1/44 dio of a sunken Hellcat visited by the Mir DSV was enough for me.

Great work and detailing.

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL You are insane man!

Joking aside, you are doing a great job. Hopefully I will be back at the bench soon...

As and aside, have you heard about the American tool company that very proud of the very small drill bits they produced, sent some to Rolls Royce with an enquiry to if it was some thing they could use in their production. They where humbled when by return post they got their drill bit back with a hole drilled right through it. In the letter that was sent with it, they thanked them for the kind offer of supplying them with their drill bits, but for the tolerances that RR work with, they would first need to learn how to make drill bits in smaller sizes...

the letter was signed by one of Rolls Royces apprentice tool makers...

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
LOL You are insane man!Joking aside, you are doing a great job. Hopefully I will be back at the bench soon...

As and aside, have you heard about the American tool company that very proud of the very small drill bits they produced, sent some to Rolls Royce with an enquiry to if it was some thing they could use in their production. They where humbled when by return post they got their drill bit back with a hole drilled right through it. In the letter that was sent with it, they thanked them for the kind offer of supplying them with their drill bits, but for the tolerances that RR work with, they would first need to learn how to make drill bits in smaller sizes...

the letter was signed by one of Rolls Royces apprentice tool makers...

Ian M
I remember my dad telling me this one about 50 years ago - only it wasn't drill bits. According to him, the Americans sent over some wire tubing and we returned it with some of our tubing inside. Our tubing was supposed to be thinner than a human hair.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit more done today . The sponsons have been rubbed down and all the windows temporarily filled with canopy glue to act as masking . The primer coat is on , ive used halfords white as the underside of the fuselage is this colour, plus its a better undercoat for the orange. tony

View attachment 67603

View attachment 67604

View attachment 67605

P1110820 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110827 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1110828 [Desktop Resolution].JPG