Yaks Yak 39 what if?

C

CDW

I'm with John, know hardly owt about planes but this looks the business already.

Very tidy :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
The yak has had the camo done and decalled ready for the weapons and undercarriage etc.I had some spare soviet decals and stencils (surprise!) so did it in a scheme used on russian trainers in the 90's . After a long break its starting to move along a bit now! cheers tony
That's a smashing bit of "reverse engineering" as I believe it's called. One small point though Tony. I'd leave wrapping the Xmas presents to your missus. From Pic 1 I can see you'd be no good at disguising what they are! :lol

Gern

F

Fenlander

Lol@ Dave.....

Great idea Tony, you either have a great imagination or a slightly bonkers mind...... either way, this is a stunning piece of work and a great idea.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
A few more bits done on the "Yak" , the undercarriage is on and the pitot probe (front) and sensor boom (rear) have had the little tiny bits added.The 'Odd Rods' IFF aerial is yet to be made and fitted in front of the windscreen as is the IR search and track ball. The weapons fit is just about ready to go on after the matt coat has been applied and consists of a light strike/ weapons training loadout of -- 2x UB 32 rocket pods , 2x AA 8 'aphid' IR homing short range air to air missiles and a scratchbuilt GSh 23 twin barrel cannon gunpod (already fitted , see pic2) it shouldnt be too long until i can call this finished , cheers tony

View attachment 56440

View attachment 56441

View attachment 56442

View attachment 56443

P1110419 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1110420 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1110421 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1110422 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One fertile imagination turns one 'ordinary' aircraft into a 'Tony' one off special.

Brilliant concept mucker, and looks the part too.

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I know the Soviet Union has gone 'belly up' so no more copies from them, but looking at this, I wouldn't be surprised to see one in Chinese colours ......

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
All done now, heres a pic to finish this thread and ill put some more in a 'completed' thread , cheers tony

View attachment 56596

P1110428 [Desktop Resolution].jpg