Yamaha Virago, Tamiya, 1/12th scale

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
doing this for a GB at my local IMPS Branch

done this kit a few times and theres always been things ive not been impressed with

never liked the words on the tank/side covers being moulded in and having to be hand painted, so they have been sanded off!.........got some decals from the spares box so will see if they fit, but im relocating the filler cap......................theres too much chrome for my liking, and the chrome sprue in this box isnt very good, like they only sprayed the chrome on one side of the sprue!....and its showing its age cos theres some moulding parting flash..............so some bits are getting stripped and repainted..........both fenders will be same colour as the tank/side covers..........exhaust is going matt black as will a few other bits and bobs

14044_10.jpg

engine is done

aa_1210.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
finally making progress.......front, back and middle bits mostly done.......just need to join them together!!

zdscf911.jpg

next thing is what to do with the tank......i sanded off the raised yamaha logo cos its a bit crappy, i was going to use some stripes but now ive got it painted they just done suit it, however i found these in the spares......thinking of the big one down the centre of the tank, and the two little ones on the sides...................or should i leave the tank plain since ive got it nice and shiny?......whats everyone think?

zdscf912.jpg

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think it would look quite good with just the one down the centre of the tank and leave the sides as they are.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good so far Paul. Engine looks real, especially the cylinder casting paint :thumb2:
As to the tank, I’d leave it plain personally.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think it looks just great, me, I would leave the tank in plain paint.

Andy.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great paul , the motor is superbly realistic . I think the tank looks fine as it is , once its all together the red/ black scheme is going to look very nice , cheers tony

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I have this with the rider in the stash, it was missing the bag with the tyres, springs etc and it was cheaper to buy a full kit, hope to do it better justice than I did when I was 12......

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just about done now paul , only needs the steering wheel attaching and we’re done :smiling: