Yamaha YZR-M1 under construction

R

Richy C

Before I make the Moto GP ninja green machine with the pe and cf extras I needed to build an out of the box bike , like Graham with his Honda I`ve used this YZR which I got cheap of ebay to find my feet , being the first bike I`ve made in over 20 yrs I `m finding these things are addictive, working in 1/12 scale has been a pleasure , not finnished yet but should move it along this weekend ,

Richy

View attachment 18183View attachment 18184View attachment 18185View attachment 18187

View attachment 18186

View attachment 25894

View attachment 25895

View attachment 25896

View attachment 25897

View attachment 25898

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

F

Fenlander

Oooooo, very nice Rich. Love the exhausts, how come everyone gets better exhausts than me lol. One thing that jumps out for me is the attention to detail. The little touches of blue at the pipe joins really brings this to life. You are right, these things are addictive and I know that I will be building lots more (note to John, find out what you can get from your fav Tamiya wholesaler lol).

I have my ultimate so far which is the Ducati, I still do not feel ready to start on that one yet so I think a couple more just to get my eye in ;)

If you see one you like Richy, try a road bike. The racing machines are incredible but there is something about building a road bike that just adds that little touch, I think it is seeing the indicators come to life as you build up the layers of clear Tamiya Orange on the inside of the clear lenses.

Does the carbon fibre can come like that or have you bought something for it?

B

bikerbart

Looking nice Richy....no two ways about it mate, these kits are addictive, great job buddy, well done so far :smiling:

R

Richy C

Cheers guys , Graham I might just try a road bike, maybe the road going kawasaki next to the ninja zxrr racer on a nice base , I would love a real bike but after giving up MSA karting 2 yrs ago the wife has pulled rank - no more going fast for me mate must admit it used to scare the life out of her when I was racing , anyway the exhaust can is a decal that came with the kit I don`t know why your worried about exhausts your alclad exhaust looked the nuts to me pal , got to finnish a few kits including this YZR then its the GB after that it one of these or maybe both at the same time knowing me , Kawasaki ninja ZXRR and the Lotus 79 but the Martini racing green version

Richy

View attachment 18188View attachment 18189

View attachment 25899

View attachment 25900

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

M

m1ks

Cracking job on that.

The only thing that looks a bit out of place is the top run of the drive chain which is flexing upward, maybe heat it gently and straighten or put a small amount of downward flex in to represent gravitational effect at a standstill.