Yamato number two turret 1/72

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
themodelingnews.com has a nice build review of Takoms 1/72 Yamato number two turret if someone fancied it but wanted to know what was in the box ,or if you see whats in the box it might be off the cuff enough to put it on the wanted list. Its big so none of that I dont know how you work in that scale needed as a off puter. Dave.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL can you guys put a link to them so i an see myself ?
chris

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

Note that there’s a typo in David’s post, where he spelled “modelling” with one L, and if you go to that URL you end up at a seemingly empty page that does a bunch of Javascript of unknown purpose.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Note that there’s a typo in David’s post, where he spelled “modelling” with one L, and if you go to that URL you end up at a seemingly empty page that does a bunch of Javascript of unknown purpose.
THANK YOU Jakko for puttin on the link i looked an read it right through an enjoyed it about the guns but i know the japanse cheated on the gun size an they were in fact 18 inch guns but in the read up the chap kept sayin 15inch guns why i dont know but most enjoyable an it makes you think how big a model the whole ship would be in like my tiger in 1/72 scale
as i have yesterday just done a whole ship togeather photo shoot of my tiger an its a whopper an she is only a light crusier
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t think I’ve heard that the Japanese cheated on the gun size Chris? They were not the First Nation to use 18” guns. The British 18” guns fitted to HMS Furious during the First World War were very slightly smaller in bore, but fired heavier shells.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I think they just kept them a secret, did see a programme visting the test area

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I want someone to scratchbuild the rest of the ship to go underneath the turret ;)

Although, of course, what’s the point if this exists already?

View attachment 419134
WOW Jakko fanstastic an i thought it was just a 1/350th model till the ole penny dropped an i realised they are real people standing there what scale is this an is it the big model in japan as i heard they have one an cheers for putting this pic on
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Don’t think I’ve heard that the Japanese cheated on the gun size Chris? They were not the First Nation to use 18” guns. The British 18” guns fitted to HMS Furious during the First World War were very slightly smaller in bore, but fired heavier shells.
thanks for that Tim looks like we cheated then lol
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Series 3, episode 5 on jap super battleships

On discovery me thinks

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!