Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Interesting subject.
I would have thought civilian vehicles might have been an OK place, it is after all a bus. Albeit a very old one. Lol.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
While I seem to have developed problems with the 109 I thought I would have a go at putting together the wheels.
I have had to highlight the formers so I know where to put the spokes.328407328408328409

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Love the wheel assembly, most impressed with the whole idea of using wood as oposed to the normal plastic .
Shall follow with interest .
John .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Not seen anything like this before. You seem to be handling it well. Will you paint it or will you leave it in a natural finish?
Jim

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Hi Peter
Not seen anything like this before. You seem to be handling it well. Will you paint it or will you leave it in a natural finish?
Jim
I haven't decided yet I will know nearer the end If I will need paint to cover up my mistakes.

Reactions: JR

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I finally managed to finish all four wheels that's after I took the first one apart a few times before I cracked it.328663

P

Polux

Really interesting kit, Peter.
I love to work over wood, good sensations and infinite weathering possibilities :upside:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking good Peter and as I always fancied to build one of these too, although from another maker, I’ll be following your work too.:thumb2::smiling:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks good. Is it going to have arrows stuck in the back of it? :smiling4:
Pete

Reactions: JR
B

baz

Hello Pete,
I have always made things from plastic, but this wooden model has made me look at things in a different way, keep up the good work I am looking forward to seeing the completed stage coach, just one question where did you get the kit from ? I may have a got at one myself in the future.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good .
John

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Hello Pete,
I have always made things from plastic, but this wooden model has made me look at things in a different way, keep up the good work I am looking forward to seeing the completed stage coach, just one question where did you get the kit from ? I may have a got at one myself in the future.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
My local recycling centre has a resale shop and that's where I found it other than that I have no idea of the make or origins of the kit .