Yep i'm still here / Tamiya YZF-R1

K

Kirstin_Sturm

Yup i am still here guys, got a few kits on the go and have learnt quite a lot including the problem i had with the Challenger decal issue, turns out the Humbrol satin varnish i am using does not like to be shaken before i use it for spraying???? Comes out with a matt look and a whitish pwder type coat so i am experimenting with that. Here's a couple of pics of the m/bike i am doing, and again i used to do all the painting by brush so i started to do that and am not happy with the look of that on the bigger pieces of the bike so have prised off the underseat/ rear mudguard and stuck it in a jar with some dettol and will spray it with the other body parts whilst using a brush to do all the little pieces. yzf-R1frame.jpgyzf-R1.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice so far Denise. I've never made a bike so I will follow the assembly/paint sequence and take mental notes. Looks like a good enjoyable build .
Cheers
Tim

K

Kirstin_Sturm

Nice so far Denise. I've never made a bike so I will follow the assembly/paint sequence and take mental notes. Looks like a good enjoyable build .
Cheers
Tim
I'm already looking for my next bike project ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Denise
What scale is this? I have only ever made a 1/35 motorbike to go on a dio. This will be interesting. Certainly looks as if the finish you have got so far is very good.
Jim

K

Kirstin_Sturm

Hi Denise
What scale is this? I have only ever made a 1/35 motorbike to go on a dio. This will be interesting. Certainly looks as if the finish you have got so far is very good.
Jim
its a 1/12th Jim, i do have a 1/35 german combo to put up as well but still need to do the eyes Combo.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Denise.
Very nice.
Something I've never tried.

We new members from a far away place know a man from the dark side that made his own spokes !

John .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Denise, great work on the 1/35 side car. Thought you might be interested with these shots I took at Shizuoka last year on 1/35 modifications to MiniArts Harley Davidsons by a Japanese modeler. It was mind blowing for me seeing it up close...

F6.jpgF7.jpgF8.jpgF9.jpg
...and the basic bik is this...
F10.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

K

Kirstin_Sturm

Oooh i am liking those Bobbers Richard :smiling3:
Here's an update on my R1 Taira, Much learnt esp with the airbrush. Will do the next bike a bit differently but have realised its a slow and methodical approach thats needed and maybe a bit more planning and forethought before even touching the sprues ;)R1 Taira.1.jpgR1 Taira.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks great. And the frame couldn't be more metal like, without actually being metal....

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oooh i am liking those Bobbers Richard :smiling3:
Here's an update on my R1 Taira, Much learnt esp with the airbrush. Will do the next bike a bit differently but have realised its a slow and methodical approach thats needed and maybe a bit more planning and forethought before even touching the sprues ;)View attachment 301069View attachment 301070

I'm glad you liked the "Bobbers" is that what you call them. :smiling:
Seriously your R1 Taira progress looks good and neat. That's what's needed when dealing with automotive kits. Cleaning up the sprue attachments and not leaving any scratches from sanding seamlines is a challenge. Really good job. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
The bikes looking great Denise , superb metal effects and finish ,it'll be a shame to put the bodywork on! cheers tony