Yet another great service from John!

D

dubster72

I ordered my new airbrush on Wednesday & it arrived yesterday :smiling3:

Unfortunately I didn't lay my hot little hands on it until today coz Royalmail said it was too big to fit through the letterbox ...

Funny how I managed it when I got home & checked! Lost me a morning's work :sad:

P

phikoleoputra

Can't wait for the review and your personal opinion regarding the a/b!!!

D

dougie

\ said:
I ordered my new airbrush on Wednesday & it arrived yesterday :smiling3:
Unfortunately I didn't lay my hot little hands on it until today coz Royalmail said it was too big to fit through the letterbox ...

Funny how I managed it when I got home & checked! Lost me a morning's work :sad:
They are full of sh!* they hardly ever put anything through the door these days, just take it to the depo although to be fair, if it's signed for they won't even leave it with a neighbour.

L

Laurie

\ said:
They are full of sh!* they hardly ever put anything through the door these days, just take it to the depo although to be fair, if it's signed for they won't even leave it with a neighbour.
In Jersey you just get in touch with the jersey Post Office fill in the form on how you want to play it if you are not there.

Next door or the one at no12 etc. Or a special hidy hole in the rafters of the porch etc.

Common sense really perhaps that is the problem. But it just shows how much easier in a small community it is to arrange things. Same here with the Police. We have a paid island Police Force. We also have in each Parish a Constable (Mayor) with depending on the size of the Parish Centeniers. The Constable and Centeniers are the Honorary police and have powers of arrest and also present their cases at court. If young Johnny and or Tom are a nuisance the Constable will ring dad and sort it.

Final note our prison population is going down.

Laurie

D

dougie

\ said:
In Jersey you just get in touch with the jersey Post Office fill in the form on how you want to play it if you are not there.
Next door or the one at no12 etc. Or a special hidy hole in the rafters of the porch etc.

Common sense really perhaps that is the problem. But it just shows how much easier in a small community it is to arrange things. Same here with the Police. We have a paid island Police Force. We also have in each Parish a Constable (Mayor) with depending on the size of the Parish Centeniers. The Constable and Centeniers are the Honorary police and have powers of arrest and also present their cases at court. If young Johnny and or Tom are a nuisance the Constable will ring dad and sort it.

Final note our prison population is going down.

Laurie
If only it was like that here. Fife I'd getting busier, more impatient and less friendly

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
We are not aloud to leave any kind of parcel anywhere eg.porch/under the car/in the wheelie bin.we get caught doing it and its an instant conduct code..don't shoot the post man we hate taking parcels back more work for us it the management in London who come up with these stupid ideas ..and if it could fit through your door the postman is and idiot...

D

dougie

\ said:
We are not aloud to leave any kind of parcel anywhere eg.porch/under the car/in the wheelie bin.we get caught doing it and its an instant conduct code..don't shoot the post man we hate taking parcels back more work for us it the management in London who come up with these stupid ideas ..and if it could fit through your door the postman is and idiot...
Don't get me wrong, me grandad was a postie and I appreciate the hard work some do but there are times when we have had red cards thru the door saying we were out when we were in, parcel didn't seem to have left the depo!

L

Laurie

This is sense.

Jersey Post

SecureDrop

With two different options, SecureDrop offers you the option of having items delivered to either:

– A secure, weather-proof location on the grounds of your property e.g. shed, garage, porch

– A neighbour who is happy to receive items on your behalf

For more information on these services, please click here.

Text & Collect

Getting your parcels is even easier thanks to Text & Collect! Customers using this service receive

a text message to their phone whenever a parcel or packet has arrived for them. Parcels can be

collected the same day that they arrive on island, from your choice of Commercial Street or Rue Des Pres.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Once again John delivers a superb service (regardless of what the postie did or didnt do!) , looking forward to the reports of how you find the new airbrush Patrick , cheers tony

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Like to know your opinion of branded abs vs cheapos:D

John

B

Bunkerbarge

Yet again John proves that internet mail order businesses can still provide a level of service that many shops would envy.

All the best to John and the Scale Models Shop.