Yet another Non GB Airfix Spitfire!

R

roconnell

Making Progress

Washes I think it will be although I may still try the technique again sometime as nothing lost but a little time.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and tips.

Certainly agree with you all with regards to the Pro-modeller products as I was very pleased with the ease of use and results from my last build of a Hurri when I used the ones I got from Telford. I don't possess the ready mixed washes yet but do have the set of pigments which I found that mixing a little in paint pallet works the same. I also found I can use and rehydrate so not to waste any.

Anyway here is my latest progress. I did fancy having a go at doing the cammo freehand but after the arsing around the other night with the airbrush decided against it.

Again thanks for you continued support

Rich

View attachment 22431View attachment 22433View attachment 22434View attachment 22432

View attachment 29278

View attachment 29279

View attachment 29280

View attachment 29281

PIC_2854.jpg

PIC_2858.jpg

PIC_2853.jpg

PIC_2855.jpg

R

roconnell

Almost there!!

Little progress made of late with one thing and another but managed five out in the shed this evening :cheesygrin:

Hoping to get a coat of Klear on tomorrow ready for the decals.

With a bit of luck will have some images of the almost complete model very soon!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A superb looking Spitfire Richard that will look great with a little light weathering.

Very clean and tidy build!

Cheers

Paul

S

Sky Raider

Nice job Rich. As Paul has said, ti will come alive with a little weathering.

Andy

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Great looking Spit, Rich. The final steps are always the ones that I manage to put off the longest :emo:.

Andy

P.S. I'm jealous of your roundels - look how mine turned out Exploding decals Batman!!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks very nice. These final stages always seem to take a while,mainly waiting for various things to dry lol. Don't forget the finished piccies.

Cheers

Steve

R

roconnell

Finished!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments :smiling3:

Cant believe I have taken this long in finishing!

Can really say I am impressed with this £4 kit and thoroughly enjoyed making it!

Well here is the final result after some weathering. I think I may have possibly overdone it but I am happy with the end results.

You may notice I too like many have fallen foul to the pitot tube!

As usual all comments and feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

View attachment 30112

View attachment 30113

View attachment 30114

View attachment 30115

View attachment 30116

PIC_3077.jpg

PIC_3079.jpg

PIC_3078.jpg

PIC_3081.jpg

PIC_3076.jpg

F

Fenlander

Very nice build Rich and yet another one for your 'Proud Shelf', really nicely finished.

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job Rich and just goes to show what you can make of a cheap kit. You really wouldn't know it was 1/72nd unless you were told, which is always a good indication that you have got the detail right.

I agree I think the weathering is a bit heavy, especially on the underside where the panel lines look too much, but don't be put of as weathering is very subjective. At this scale a much more gentle and subtle weathering may be best and I would experiment with a lighter wash colour and reduce the pigment density. Having said that there is actually an article in the first Airfix Model World Magazine of a build of this very same model and the weathering looks identical to yours! Another point to remember is that the washes are best put on after the transfers so the panel lines are also accentuated where the transfers are fitted.

We are all learning though and I would still be very proud of this model.