(yet another) sideproject: Half - Timbered Tudor-esque House w. smoker and fireplace and lantern

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hello all
work continues on my Syrian build featuring a XPS foam building but taking a meandering trip around youtube got me interested in other types of foam buildings and I find myself once again sidetracked working on a building with a fireplace, smoker unit (remote controlled) and - eventually- a flickering lantern
Work is progressing on the fireplace with a standard 3mm flickering diode wrapped in orange and yellow filter. wood is real wood with some ash pastels added, and a wash or two, tiles on the fireplace are cast in plaster.
furniture are from shiftinglands and might need either a staining or some washes - additional furniture might be a bed and a rocking chair
I have been using templates from shiftinglands for the half-timbering and should be 28mm I guess - furniture fits a 28mmm figure bit the Windows are too large but this is all just for the fun of it :smiling:
zYaK6cG (1).jpg
9KHniq9.jpg
JBhPeln.jpg
This is the view from the outside - the room will have limited viewing angle through two windos.

MBa7HwI.jpg
Outtake for the smoking unit housed in the adjacent room with tubes and connector housed in the "Attic"
lrLLFqs (1).jpg

In Operation - it is not exactly silent but I hope being incased in foam will have a dampning effect
GRVVq04.jpg

C&C is welcome :smiling:

Attachments

• lrLLFqs.jpg
    lrLLFqs.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 8

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This sort of stuff is going to be my next branch out from plastic kits. Looks marvellous, I shall be following you with interest!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
When you add lighting to a build it definitely takes it to the next level Steven ,now with the addition of the smoke unit it even tops that .Keep it up .
Chris Boatman would enjoy this .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven yes like John says im instrested in your smoke would you mind showing me how you did it an what things you used like ? as i need another smoke unit for my tiger as it has two funnels cheers
chris the boatman

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on VERY nicely indeed!!!

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
HI Steven yes like John says im instrested in your smoke would you mind showing me how you did it an what things you used like ? as i need another smoke unit for my tiger as it has two funnels cheers
chris the boatman
Hello Chris
Pardon the lateness of the reply
I am going to use a smoker from Wayne's workshop it is remote controlled and cordless is does the job but is quite noisy I hope to remedy this problem by incase it in foam in the room next to the living room

Attachments

• 20220124_120100.jpg
    20220124_120100.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220124_120100.jpg
    20220124_120100.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 11