BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening

Yes its the pain again:upside:

Does anybody know

Can you mix tamiya LP and MRP, i do not have white MRP but do have it in LP?

Is MRP ok to brush paint?

Thanks bob

D

Deleted member 7181

I'll stick my neck out and say - probably :smiling5:

I've mixed MRP & Mr Color no problem so don't see why the Tamiya lacquers would be any different.

Of course, mix in a separate vessel first just in case, but I'd be more than happy to do it myself if I had some.

As for brushing - only if you are very quick! I've dabbed a spot here & there but wouldn't actually brush it out. The solvent will reactivate the existing paint and cause a right old mess.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I'll stick my neck out and say - probably :smiling5:

I've mixed MRP & Mr Color no problem so don't see why the Tamiya lacquers would be any different.

Of course, mix in a separate vessel first just in case, but I'd be more than happy to do it myself if I had some.

As for brushing - only if you are very quick! I've dabbed a spot here & there but wouldn't actually brush it out. The solvent will reactivate the existing paint and cause a right old mess.
Thanks Andy

Will let you know!
Ask me one on golf :smiling5: ;) :thumb2: :cool:
Not a clue apart from its a load of balls!

But know a bit about sausages:thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nice question Bob not that I have a clue but do enjoy these threads where people join in and we all learn something to keep in the locker,as for Steve now his local speedway team have stepped up a league and acquired a couple of old has beens that at some time or another rode for us(Poole Pirates) if I can get down there hope to see him supporting them. Sausages still looking for the ones that tasted like they did when I was a kid(so long ago now truth be known I cant remember anyway) Dave.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Generally I seldom asked questions and experimented and mixed little pots and see the reaction but these were the days before the interweb. That way it sticks in your head regarding the properties of chemistry amongst these paints. Also quite enjoyable as part and parcel of the hobby. The scent of the paints also give you an indication of whether they can be mixed. They all derive from pigments and are just dissolved differently and that's where the mystery lies unless you read the label for content substance. Chemistry wasn't my favorite subject on paper but the lab was fun.

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
And the answer is ------------ wait for it

YES, no problems, tiny bit of lacquer thinner and off i went! Brushed ok and the thinner kept it wet, but could afford to leave it too long