You are cleared for take off.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well its the Easter Holiday and the weather is probably pants and you are all going mad trying to find things to do....LOL

To aid your suffering, and as a token Easter Egg from the forum I have opened the thread for the Helicopter GB so all that wish to can open their thread and start sticking plastic.

Yes An early start. All I gotta do is decide what the victim will be.

Have a great Easter and if you are of a dark humour, send all the kids, and the wife out in the garden on an Easter egg hunt Easter day, they will love it. Especially after four hours they come in with no Egg and you smile and say APRIL FOOL!!

Ian M

First Name
Dave
You won't get my wife in the garden if its below 20 degrees C!.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Not much time for me on the bench over the holiday period unfortunately, off to Wakefield and York for a couple of days, the cold far north!!!!!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great! Thanks a bunch Ian! (sarcastic style!) Now ive got to get a helicopter!! Actually ive had my eye on a rather unusual chopper for a while now (!) so this is the spur i needed to order it. Remind me again , how long have i got to finish it? tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm in, I've not done a GB since.........................................WW1 I think

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WW1 ? i must say youre wearing well for your age mate!

C

CDW

I'm all prepared (for once) and have my chopper at the ready ... oooerrrr missus :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thing is i won't really have any chance to start it till the first as i've got one of the lads up for the easter break ....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Great! Thanks a bunch Ian! (sarcastic style!) Now ive got to get a helicopter!! Actually ive had my eye on a rather unusual chopper for a while now (!) so this is the spur i needed to order it. Remind me again , how long have i got to finish it? tony
Just for that YOU have to be finished the last day of June!!! :tongue-out:

Every body else has until the last day of June..LOL

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was going to call this thread, "get ya choppers out" but thought again. Seams like I didn't need to worry. :laughing:

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Just for that YOU have to be finished the last day of June!!! :tongue-out:Every body else has until the last day of June..LOL

Ian M
I'd better get it ordered then , at the speed ive been going lately theres no time to waste ! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then.

Lynx.

Sea King.

Wessex.

I'm running out of options fast!!!

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
I was going to call this thread, "get ya choppers out" but thought again. Seams like I didn't need to worry. :laughing:Ian M
Sounds like a 'carry on' film

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
WW1 ? i must say youre wearing well for your age mate!
Too kind, it's been tough, but I don't complain - much................

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well I am enjoying the Phantom GB so I will plunge into the Helicopter GB too if I may. Just have to decide what I might build. I have three in my stash. A Sioux, an Iroquois, and a Huey gunship. Not a British helicopter in sight.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Get stuck in Joe! I vote for the thumper.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well I ordered mine last night , its 1/72 scale ,russian (surprise!), but not what you'd be expecting , Tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Well I am enjoying the Phantom GB so I will plunge into the Helicopter GB too if I may. Just have to decide what I might build. I have three in my stash. A Sioux, an Iroquois, and a Huey gunship. Not a British helicopter in sight.
For some reason - GUNSHIP - stands out to me.......................

C

CDW

Joe, If it's the revel huey hog then be prepared to pull some hair out when doing it.

Apparently, according to the rivet counters, it's not any particular version and there's issues with dimentions, body covers etc.

For me, not being a rivet counter or aircraft expert, i just found some fairly big issues with the fit and flash.

But out of your three i would go for the huey too as its rather iconic to say the least. :smiling3:

First Name
Drew
Thanks for the early start Ian, got to finish of my little time killer first (an upgraded Folland Gnat, will post some progress shots soon because I need some advice on the colour scheme).

I've got a couple of Huey's in my stash, the Revell Huey Hog (and I concur Colin, it really is no specific version) and the Italeri UH-1N. Going to go with the Italeri and if I have the motivation I may have a bash at the Revell after that.

I'll get the thread opened in the next day or two.