You know what it's like. You wait for one airbrush, then two come at the same time.

M

mule4468

After some thought I decided to get an airbrush, I was looking for one that could be used for large/broad coverage. I finally bought the Spraycraft Sp10 Gift set for £19.99 - An Aztek Airbrush in everything but name. I even think it is sold as a "broad-stroke airbrush" in Aztek packaging. Anyways, its a single action, syphon feed airbrush and comes with the "dreaded" air can propellant. I bought another can just in case.

About a week later I bought another Airbrush, I dont know the name/manufacturer , possible a Badger or Iwata Clone -this is a real beauty -Brass Plated, Double Action, Gravity Fed. Im not sure of the nozzle size but it is pretty small, less than 0.5mm, I think. Anyway it cost £5.00, post free from evilbay.

After reading several views on the "uselessness of canned propellant", (I got them to try the above Airbrushes) and as luck would have it, I saw a Royal Sovereign "Hornet" Airbrush Compressor, again on evilbay and now have it in my possession.

Now the real fun begins .......

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A nice little addition to the tool box.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Good stuff ian! i got one of the brass jobbies for a fiver a while back, its the easiest airbrush ive ever used !! and its a doddle to clean and it hardly ever clogs, the only drawback is the tiny paint cup and no lid, but for a fiver its got to be the most value for money purchase ever!! cheers tony P.S. if you want to see what its capable of ,the recent pics on the 'luftwaffe unfinished prototypes' thread were done with this very airbrush .