Young Miniature U.S. Navy Seal Vietnam

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Superb Richard.Really looks a mean.dude.Camo looks really effective.
Excellent job.
Richard

R

RichardMo

thank you Peter, Jim, Jason,and Richard48 for the kind words. it took alot of time but I think it was worth it. well guys I got a little more done on this bust today.I'm working on the webbing on the suspenders and should be ready to start the radio in a few days. Jason I did finally get around to the catch light in the eye per your suggestion.
RICK
20190316_155758.jpg

Attachments

• 20190316_155758.jpg
    20190316_155758.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
looking great, one minor small point, his eyes look a bit 'flat', needs a bit of gloss on them i think ?

R

RichardMo

Steve I normally don't varnish the eyes but maybe I will this time around as it is a focus point on his face with the camo. I have finished this bust late last night.hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
Rick.
20190319_095614.jpg20190319_094713.jpg20190319_094542.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Rick,
Excellent, you captured the hat to perfection, which is the same we were issued with in the UK. We were always told to cam up the ears as well as the face, like having a torch on in a dark room when mixed in with all that greenery....
Mike.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I love it.Really excellent job in my eyes.Nailed the colours which in my opinion are nice subdued.Take a bow Richard for a nice job indeed.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Lovely work Rick. Well done.

The eyes look fine to me. I find that varnish can set up all sorts of reflections that confuse the paint job when photographed.

R

RichardMo

Mike Richard48 and Peter. thank you for the kind words. Mike I find it very cool you wore one of those and to say that about mine very humbling thank you. Richard48,I worked real hard to get that subdued look was afraid I would make it to bright.Peter I agree I don't use varnish for that exact reason but briefly thought about it on this one to make the eyes pop.but decided not too.this is a real nice picture but with alot of background stuff it shows the true colors better.
Rick.
20190318_152801.jpg

R

RichardMo

thank you John. it sure was stressful to paint but it was also very fun.we modelers are a funny bunch.I hear it all the time .they say it would drive them crazy, but it calms me down. found out today there is a model contest march 30 about 1hr away from me.going to see how he fairs. will let you all know. hopes not up but we will see.
Rick

R

RichardMo

I was looking over this bust and seen I did not use the smoke grenades.so back to work.finished them and added tape around them to give them more of a bunched up look. its done 20190320_102846.jpg20190320_102831.jpgfor good this time.
Rick.

R

RichardMo

the last thing I have done was made the base with spackled paint .I then made some jungle foliage and placed it on the base..the final thing I did was place the Vietnam campaign ribbon on it.I think that ribbon really set it off. great color contrast. I'm signing it and on the shelf it goes. thanks for everyone's very kind words
Rick
20190321_144529.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
That is stunning. Top job in every respect. Pride of place on the shelf.
Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good ,Rick,so well done with the camo,:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top job indeed Rick.
Love the camo,the material looked real.The hat, well something else to admire along with the face .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

R

RichardMo

thank you ALL so much for the flattering comments. it took 13 days from start to finish and I learned some new ways to paint.
RICK.