Young Miniatures 1/10 DAK Tank Commander Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_9278.JPG

My next will be another fine offering from Young Miniatures, a 1/10 DAK tank commander bust.

The box contents:

100_9281.JPG100_9282.JPG100_9283.JPG

The head looks fine on first inspection, and it will be the only option due to the complication of the headphones and throat microphone. As you can see, the headphone assembly involves etch, which I'm very wary of, though fortunately there is not too much of it and there is at least one spare - I presume that the extra bridge is because this is a generic set.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ah first in , front seat please Peter.
I've bought Joe some biscuits ( Dog )

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks good Peter. The etch doesn’t look that complicated, take it slow and easy and move on to something else when you've had enough.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Welcome. Joe's on a diet after Christmas so not too many biscuits please.

Tim - Welcome also. It's ready for painting:

100_9284.JPG

Probably did look easy to you true modellers, but this is the most complicated bit of etch I've done to date. The cutting and bending was fairly easy, it was getting it to stick that took the time. Also, it took me a while to realise that I would need to remove some of the detail from the resin parts to get it all to fit. Anyway, it's done now and looks OK.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me Peter. Definitely adds to the finesse of the headphones.....

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Peter, what type of glue are you using for the PE? I tend to use mostly Zap medium and it only needs a tiny amount to stick well.

Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - Yes, is adds that touch of extra detail.

Andy - Thanks for the tip, I'll know next time. I used CA for the etch, which could at least be easily scraped off when it went wrong. Iy all seems fairly stuck now.

Neil - I decided to buy three Youngs busts to work on. They're fantastic quality and I only have myself to blame if they go wrong.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank you. I think the sideways glance really helps with realism. People do it all the time - one of those things unique to our species - saves us from always having to turn our heads when out hunting on the savanna.

Tim - Thanks also. You've reminded me of the Yardbirds' song ''Over, Under, Sideways, Down.'' I'll have it in my head for the rest of the day now (no bad thing).

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As others have said, the face is looking really great.

Andy.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Seated by John 6ft. away of course I have to he’s got that silly whirlybird hat on again

• Love
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Thank you.

Lee - Welcome. No personal visitors of course here in the UK, so John's just wearing his hat for the fun of it.

Jason - Etch, the mark of a true modeller. I hate it.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening Peter.

That head has turned out very nicely.

Keep the excellent work.

ATB.

Andrew

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Super start and a kit head too, well done to you both, sculptor and painter.

And some quite intricate etch too, you are having a good run.

Looks like a grey day again, and all the snow and ice has gone, back later according to the BBC?

I haven't worn the old Victorian ball and chain since the start of the new century, except for weddings and funerals.

Sadly more of the 2nd than the 1st!

Have a good day with the head gear and DAK colours too.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Welcome.

Andrew - Thank you. With the head under my belt I feel I can relax a bit.

Steve - Morning. Lets hope the good run with this lark continues. I think I'll work on the torso today and leave all the complicated headgear until last. Last time I wore a tie was when I got married in 2003, so eighteen years without the slave collar, and I don't intend ever to wear one again (enough respect shown when donning a jacket - I've got one somewhere).