First Name
Steven
Really love this one Peter, nice and smooth! :thumb2:
Steven

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very well done on this one Peter. The blending is exceptional. Really love that face.
John

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
that is an excellent piece all round, Mr D.
I like the extra kit-he looks suitably laden as a para should.
I can see I need to add more colours to my flesh palette- don't know how you do it.
And the Y belt is indeed a triumph.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks like a great finish after a stuttering start with the heads.

You are as ever, too hard on yourself with your below par painting during the Bank Holidays.

Thankfully this should get you back on the right track, as it has already been said, some of the elements are so realistic, they look like a colorised photo, to quote CBS.

I guess you should get your bulk order of this Reedee's head in now, can you buy it as a single or does it only come in th 3 pack.

Always good to have several in reserve!

I can't imagine you in a collar and tie, it just doesn't suit your personality, you're too creative which would be against the cookie cutter way of the office world these days.

I have to admit DLG have been exceptionally good to me over the past 8 years, and I shall be a little saddened to leave, but I shall retire 3 months after vaccination as its time to move on and leave the world of work to the youngsters.

They need my job more than I will, once I can venture back into the world again.

Have a good weekend with your next victim

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter your work is always remarkable.... your skills are absolutely perfect... LOVE IT as usual

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning Peter

Yet again great work. You really do get the faces looking so realistic.

I really do look forward to seeing each bust/figure you do.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Really quite pleased with this one. I think there were too many distractions over the Christmas period to allow me to wrestle the stuff I was working on into submission. Things have calmed down a lot now and the peace is almost overwhelming. Reedees heads come in sprues of three, though I bet he'd let you have them individually if you wanted to - he's a nice chap. I've had to wear a tie at various stages in my life and always hated it - they seem like the last vestiges of Victorian costume and utterly pointless. Good that you're in pre-retirement mode and at least you have the stash to look forward too.

Greg - You are always very complimentary and it's greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Andrew - Morning. I'm glad you like our chap. I've painted so many versions of this head that I almost know it blindfold. I really must find something else for future work.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I am another who gives this a seal of approval. I like him a lot.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A worthy winner.
2020_5a.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Stunning work as always Peter :flushed: !!
I must say that,in my opinion,this has to be your best yet........
..... I could be biased mind........ I`ve always had a special interest in the Para`s of all nations in WW2,and particularly the Fallschirmjagers:hugging-face:,
Cracking stuff Sir,
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

I can assure you that I'm well acquainted with the term Jason! Very many thanks.