Young Miniatures Alexander the Great Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Sorry to hear this one hasn't made the grade!

Was it the sculpt or the colours?

The purple seems a bit off on the photo?

Perhaps for another time?

Back to Khaki, OD, Field Grey?

Whatever is next, it will be a jewel in the current Stug fest mud bath!

Another bright day but more cloud and rain on the way!!

Have a good day picking the next subject

Regards

Steve H

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Andy - You do not!!!!!

Stevie J - I'm a bit fed up with modern subjects and have been inspired by Steve Brodie's recent work.......................

Praise indeed.
Its a shame Alex didn't get any further, head looked superb.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi chaps.

Sorry this didn't get any further. I seem to be being a bit hyper self-critical at the moment (or call it obsessional), not helped by having Young Miniatures stupendous box art in front of me as I work. I wasn't particularly pleased with the head on this one, but it was the shoulder straps that defeated me. The studs were very detailed, but somewhat misaligned, and whatever I did just looked a mess.

I'm going to work on a new bust, but won't do a build post in case it doesn't work out. If I finish it, you'll see it. I'm a bit fed up with having very public failures.

Thanks for looking in.

First Name
Andrew
Peter,
Please remember the only 'failure' is only in your head! But I don't want you to suffer, so post when you feel able. Remember to have fun!!
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Andy. 'Failure is always an option' as the great Adam Savage says, and to me it's part of the process. The trick is to learn from your mistakes, pick up the pieces and carry on.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Don't know why you striped it Peter, it look fine to me. Perhaps his skin tone could have been a little more tanned, but otherwise he looked fine.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

I know, I know, Peter. I just had a feeling from the start that this one wouldn't work out.