Young Miniatures El Alamein Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in chaps. Definitely not a patch on the box, but I do appreciate your comments.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well done with the extra contrast, he does look sun burnt which would suit the location, nicely done.

Should be a fun day with the shirt, and straps, all bleached out too.

Its a wild day again and rain too!

Not much of a weekend off, but hopefully it might quieter later today.

Enjoy painting all the muted colours on the body

Regards

Steve H

I

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Cheers. Might just do the the helmet and accessories today - hayfever at top notch and zonked as a result. Wild and windy here too.

Scottie - I'll pass that on to Joe, who hasn't got any, poor lad.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Looking great Peter... good to see a British subject as well... there’s not enough of them out there for me,
Jason

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry I'm late, heavy traffic !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great progress with the muted palette, nice contrast with the helmet too.

Hopefully the rain will keep the hay fever down?

Looks like more wild, windy and wet weather to come this week!

Busy weekend with a domestic list, not as much bench time as I would have liked!

Back to it today with 10-4's waiting for a phone line!

Have a good day finish off the back and bits

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J, Wouter, Andy and John - Many thanks for looking in and for your kind words.

Jason - Yes, very few Brit subjects out there, especially Napoleonic. Fortunately, Young Miniatures do a few 2ww subjects, which I will work my way through. After this, I've got a Roman, Teutonic Knight, AWI Continental officer and a Russian lined up, so a break from the Brits, but staying international.

Steve H - Morning from a sunny and very windy Kent. No rain and the lawn is dead (hooray!). Hayfever at the max, probably from the maize field over the road, so having a bit of trouble with my eyes, but soldiering on. Bit of a funny figure this one - strange face and odd-shaped helmet, but nice to paint. Should get it done today. Sorry to hear that your bench time was limited by the to-do list. Hope you have a quieter day back at work.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter,
Apologies...have been busy the last week researching a spy ship. Wouldn't want to miss a Young Miniature figure as you get good results painting them, Peter. And you didn't disapoint but rughtly said about the peculiar helmet shape. Young should have caught that one and asked for a correction before destribution..

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard

I didn't really notice the helmet shape until I'd got it painted and fixed to the head, otherwise I'd have sanded it down. I was too distracted trying to sort out why there were eyelets on the back rim until I realised they were for attaching a neck shade.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, the eyelets for a neck shade is a new for me too. Will you be sanding it as it would be a shame as the painting looks good with a real digger character of a face.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard - It's too firmly fixed in place and I'd risk damaging the rest of the figure if I did it now, so it will have to stay as it is.

Here's the finished article:

100_7724.JPG100_7725.JPG100_7727.JPG100_7726.JPG100_7728.JPG

Today, I finished painting the back of the torso, then painted and added the backpack and rifle. Some final touching-up, including a dusting of graphite to the helmet, and it was done.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Despite the helmet issue, which to be honest I doubt I would have noticed, I think he is really good. The face in particular is superb.
Jim