Young Miniatures Norman Knight Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter as usual you deliver terrific paintjob...

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning/ Afternoon Peter

IT difficulties but its all working now.

Another wonderful bust and the shield looks fine even if the Dragon has flown the coop!

Looks like all those unused greens are getting an outing too.

Off to find the opposition

Regard

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - Glad you approve. Looking for new colour combinations for my next figure that don't include green.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, the choice of colors would be easy being limited as pigments for cloth dyeing were basically aqcuired by the wealthy. Indigo and blues were the hardest to make and came mostly from the east. Reds and browns were plentiful. Therefore you can have a colorful knight whilst the rest of the army could be drab save by perhaps a colored scarf or headband. When the battle is at close quarters I have often wondered how they could tell friend from foe....the way they yell in their language I suppose. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Field signs were one way Richard. The welsh leek being a well known example.....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Missed it again. Bugger. That is now in my top five busts you have done. His face is so life like. Luv what you have done with the shield. Totally awesome bust all round

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - I expect that life in the Dark Ages was a bit more drab than Hollywood would have us believe. As you say, lots of reds, browns and greens, but blue a real rarity.

Tim - As you say, fields signs, badges, feathers etc.

Steve - Thanks for looking in at this one. I'm a bit so-so about it myself - the white could be better.