Young Miniatures USMC Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Jason, a 'Wallop!!!' - thanks very much indeed. I must say that your own work is giving me lots of inspiration at the moment.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Peter,
If I were to say absolutely stunning It would be a huge understatement :cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A Master Class in painting :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Si and John - Bit more reconciled with him now that there's a bit of distance.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Not that pleased with the way he's turned out - my expectations exceeding my skill-level
No, no, no - he is really great. As for the grenades - I like colour more the accuracy :smiling: :thumb2: :tongue-out3:
This bust of yours reminds me of the work of Carl Startin. I mean that as a compliment.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jim - I take the comparison to Carlos as a very great compliment. Carl goes for lighting effects in a big way - very difficult to do.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
It's a WOW from me, Mr Day
I Like the difference in texture between his jacket and the flack vest especially

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Probably my favorite so far very well done

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Scottie and Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, that distinct style is being refined on every new subject. This best supercedes the last best...there's no end. :smiling6: Young definitely tested your fold skills and they look great.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Richard

To be honest, I'm not that happy with this one. My treatment of the folds in the flak jacket in particular lacks subtlety. I'd gone for high contrast on the face and was concerned that I should match that on the clothing. That's why I was keen to start on the clothing with the 120mm figure - to try and resolve some of those issues. We live and learn.....

First Name
Wouter
I can only concurr with the chaps above, Peter. Asthonishing work!

Cheers

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Peter excellent work you seem to be getting better and better with each one you do at the minute if this is a slump can I have some, I was looking at the camo on on his helmet how do you get such lovely curves/edges when I tried it on that Stug camo I was building it just looked a mess.
Pete. :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Pete

Glad you like this one. I've been given another couple of excellent Young Miniatures busts by Richard Pearce, so more fun and games.

The curves I suppose are really done by drawing with the brush, then filling in. I also spend a lot of time refining the edges as I go along. I try to keep everything as neat as I can, as I find unfinished areas distracting.

Last edited by a moderator: