You've been Overhauled.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I assume that we are all familial with that show on TV in which Chip Foose, nicks some ones car and then does it up, with fancy paint and a nice set of wheels etc.

Her is your chance to do the same. Just a few small differences. DONT GO NICKING OTHER PEOPLES KITS! lol

As there are not to many of us that like the idea of buying a kit of a any kind and cutting it up 'for a laugh' for this GB. and only this GB you can pull out one of those car kits you started and never finished.

Even a car you have built and just gotten bored with.

Instead of the normal box shot and sprues in the first post, just post a couple of pictures of what you are starting with.

Cars are the main target, but motor bikes, trucks and vans are also fine. It can even be a military vehicle at the start, it just needs to end up as a tricked out civilian ride at the end.

Go for it lads this one can be as wild and as whacky as you make it.

Ian M

P

Polux

"to cutting it" it was just a idea... my apologies...

Regards

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What's this? A 'Pimp my kit GB?' :lol

Gern

T

treyzx10r

I'm in on this for sure,got something really unique in mind

P

phalinmegob

i will have a go at this one ian, got a couple of cars that i never bothered finishing.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The funny thing is I really want to do this one as well! Small problem I only have one possible victim at the moment but loads of ideas. Unfortunatly for me, all the good ideas involve buying a kit for the projects I can see in my mind.... typical!

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I like the idea of this, but I would have to start with a new kit - which isn't a problem as I was bought 2 MGB's for Christmas ! Or am I correct in saying it has to be a kit already started ?

Colin M.......

A

andygh

Not for me this one but I'm looking forward to the results, it should be fascinating

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I like the idea of this, but I would have to start with a new kit - which isn't a problem as I was bought 2 MGB's for Christmas ! Or am I correct in saying it has to be a kit already started ?Colin M.......
As stated in the initial post, it will be totally fine to start with a new kit. but if you wish, you can use an old unfinished one to avoid the chopping up of a new one.

I to will most likely start with a new kit as I have no cars to chop up. Well nine that I want to.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lol!

total typo should of read:

Well NONE that I want to..... wadamistackatomakea!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would thing that you will be limiting yourself to a paint job but if you have a car you can use for the project, go for it.

The only real 'rule' is that it must be a civilian build and so we can all see that it has been altered in some way.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

problum

Hi Ian,

Sorry to butt in on this thread but i seem to be having a prob with posting on my GB thread.

I cant seem to scroll down to the bottom of the page to make a reply or post pic's, & all my postings seem to be out of alingnmant.

This prob seems to happen when i also look at other threads.

Any thoughts as i cannot post any updates on my winter GB or post comments on others builds.

Regards

John.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi Ian,Sorry to butt in on this thread but i seem to be having a prob with posting on my GB thread.

I cant seem to scroll down to the bottom of the page to make a reply or post pic's, & all my postings seem to be out of alingnmant.

This prob seems to happen when i also look at other threads.

Any thoughts as i cannot post any updates on my winter GB or post comments on others builds.

Regards

John.
I seam to have the same problem. I will try to get hold of John

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I am home from work now and every thing looks normal to me. At work we are on IE, at home I am on Chrome, so I don't know if that has any thing to do with it.

How is it looking for you now Mr Huggins?

Ian M