YZR M1 -05 50th Anniversary specials

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
tray thank you , yellow is really nice but the matalic white is not as brite as i would of liked also my camera work is not the greatest and back ground not helping but getting there -suprised how quick there going together seem to be on a roll at the moment here's hoping i can keep it up

cheers simon

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Frame assembly 02/05/2011

Frame assembly 02/05/2011

This is me up to date hope to finish by the end off week!!!

Frame, finished off the smaller details and attached top and bottom yoke’s mounted engines and attached throttle cables, spent an age doing the exhaust’s and not sure if I am happy with them yet bit too heavy with the blue tint but it is starting to grow on me (let me know what you think) put my new forks together and they really do look the business well worth the extra dosh. Standard swinging arm so no real issues here rear suspension still to do Bank holiday today so will push on with remaining parts and hope to assemble towards the end of the week,

Simon

View attachment 33761

View attachment 33762

View attachment 33763

View attachment 33764

View attachment 33765

View attachment 33766

View attachment 33767

frame 5.jpg

frame 1.jpg

frame 7.jpg

frame 6.jpg

frame 4.jpg

frame 3.jpg

frame 2.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am not expert on this and it could be my screen but the exhausts look rather green to me. Did you do the blue over yellow? I would fade them a bit with some silver and a touch of amber and brown. If you know what I mean.

The rest is looking great.

Ian M

R

Richy C

I think its your screen Ian , simons work looks ok in my eyes having built the white and red version of this bike myself you only end up seeing a small part of the exhaust anyway most being the muffler which is cf decals ,

Richy

T

treyzx10r

Coming along nicely did you get the aftermarket metal fork upgrade by chance?

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
well what can i say they do look green its not your screen its my painting - i put on 1 coat of silver leaf then i hit the hotspots and bends with clear blue masked this with clear orange and the smoke over the lot i quite like it allthough i had thought of toneing it down a bit - as ricky said there not realy visable after you put the radiator and fairings into place so tempted to leave them as is

forks are the metal up grade they are abreeze (Hay Mr Tamiya put these in all your kits there much cooler than the plastic ones)

had a realy good Mayday holiday spent it all at the bench well apart from the snooze i had during the racing much progress today so looking to complete by the end of the week all being well back to work tomorrow so who knows !

simon