Zapotec Warrior

R

Resinman

Back in February, my lovely wife bought me this for my birthday, Pegaso's 200mm Zapotec Warrior. It comprises parts in resin and metal (earrings, nose piercing, headdress feathers and frontal decoration, and headdress chin tie), a combination I'd not made before. Certainly for the headdress feathers it was a distinct advantage, as the parts bent without breaking, something which I am always wary of with resin.

The ancient civilisations of Central and South America have always fascinated me, since they're a combination of sophistication allied to astonishing brutality. I already had a number of examples in my bust collection, and this addition is definitely one of the most spectacular (La Meridiana also do an Aztec Jaguar Warrior which I will get at some point, plus some years back there was a warrior of some kind due from Roberto Chaudon, which never appeared as far as I am aware - I REALLY wanted that one).

The multimedia aspect was an interesting angle, and it's something I think adds to the overall ease of assembly and aesthetic. I have wondered whether companies will start introducing photo-etch frets with resin busts, as that could add a further dimension.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the finished bust.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well you certainly wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night! A very colourful bust. Nicely done Simon

R

Resinman

Well you certainly wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night! A very colourful bust. Nicely done Simon

Thank you! Yes, these Meso-American civilisations were fearsome people, but also extremely cultured and sophisticated...