Zero Paints, Diamond Finish

First Name
Adrian
Hi all,
Does anyone use Zero Paints Diamond Finish 2K lacquer, I have used it before but was wondering on my set it states its no good after 6 months from opening, is this correct?
Also is it a hot lacquer as I want to go over some car decals if its still usable?

Cheers

Adrian

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not used it myself, but have used Zero paints gloss clearcoat, which is cellulose based. Yours is a two pack paint, so is like putting on a thin epoxy resin. As far as I can tell it’s actually polyurethane, so basically an acrylic with a different thinner...the life expiry seems to be the hardner, which crystallises over time......Hiroboy do sell hardner on its own if you think you are at the age limit for storage..
The Hiroboy web site says this has been tested as safe over decals, but needs a couple of mist coats first, but I think you probably already know that :thumb2:

First Name
Adrian
Not used it myself, but have used Zero paints gloss clearcoat, which is cellulose based. Yours is a two pack paint, so is like putting on a thin epoxy resin. As far as I can tell it’s actually polyurethane, so basically an acrylic with a different thinner...the life expiry seems to be the hardner, which crystallises over time......Hiroboy do sell hardner on its own if you think you are at the age limit for storage..
The Hiroboy web site says this has been tested as safe over decals, but needs a couple of mist coats first, but I think you probably already know that :thumb2:
Cheers, I guess I just wanted to hear it from someone else, all the bottles look fine but I'll mix up a test batch first just to be sure :smiling3:

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Hi Ade I've used it and it's absolutely fine over decals and yes once opened the hardener lasts about 6 months