Zimmerit coating

P

pneupack

Hi

Just about to start another model my second oh yeah.... Academy German Heavy Tank Tiger-1 mid production version. just wondered any tips on the Zimmerit coating just looks a bit daunting or maybe not as bad as it looks :emo6:, can you buy parts already coated or is the cement and marking the best way. Thank you for any help cheers.

Robert

B

Buttonman

Hi have just zimmed a late prod tiger 1 and used plastisomething comes out a bit like plaster used a old spattulla to spread the stuff on then i sharpend a broken blade tip to 5mm, useing the long blade to to mark out the virtical lines and the 5mm tip for the horizontal it dries really nice and rough. remember this stuff was applied usually by the tank crew it doesn't need to be purfect also if your goin to add battle damage to paint the bits under the zim first. oh and make sure you prime the body of the tank first to provide a key for the zim material. hope this helped. sorrry about the typing and spelling am havin trouble with my hands bloody arthritis.

any way good luck

Martin

P

pneupack

Thanks Martin for the info :biggthumpup:I have just started the Tank,with work Family etc hard to fit in sometimes I have started base coat will just go with the flow and see how it turns out that is the fun of it great hobby just need a lot more space : ). If you are on FB look my email up.

Thanks

Robert