Zvedza T-34/85 for Simon's Memorial build

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Chris .
First Guards Tank Army, the 3rd Guards Tank Army and the 4th Guards Tank Army .A full account can be found on the Berlinexperiences.com /the- battle- of- Berlin - 1945 -day -day - account/ .
Never seen 3 towing points before, agree with you about being an addition.
John .

Thanks John.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Did a bit more on the turret decal markings today, however, best laid plans and all, the decals literally disintegrated upon adding water..so it was out with the white paint and a pointed brush..
I think they look OK, but maybe the numbers are a tad too shark and need a bit of weathering to tone them down..

your thoughts as always..

IMG_4244 (1).jpg

IMG_4245 (1).jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice build Chris. The markings are very realistic. Great work all round

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
To be honest, I think the white stripe needs to be starker. It looks more weathered than the turret number now, but if this is a tank in the Battle of Berlin, the stripe would have been applied within the past week or so.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks good Chris. I agree with Jakko in that the number could be toned down or the stripe made more pronounced - just to tie things together more. The hand painted numbers are very well done, actually better than decals.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks even better now you’ve toned the markings down. Really nice build.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice changes.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Personally I think they look great. I would think there would be drips, but obviously photos are the way to go. Getting something to look slapdash without it looking like a poor build is a very hard look to nail. You’ve managed it here.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Personally I think they look great. I would think there would be drips, but obviously photos are the way to go. Getting something to look slapdash without it looking like a poor build is a very hard look to nail. You’ve managed it here.

Thanks Tim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris the tonal variation on the green is very good and the hand painted details have come out very well.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes of course they would have been put on in a very quick way, done during the chase, not much time was spent sitting about. Your take on it I think is about what one would expect to see .
Do the paint drips look ok ?.. or are there too many ?, would there have even been paint drips ?...(I'm going with the crew kind of slapped the paint on without too much care and attention to detail).

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nothing much to report on his build this week, did make a start on some Russian Assault Infantry and the Miniart building/dio arrived, however we've got building work happening at home, so everything's on hold, normal service will resume though......

What is the time limit on the group build ?

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks Steve,

Apologies for the apparent stall on this,
The building work at home has been completed but work has been chaotic..(I work for the company that's been dealing with the minus 80 degree freezers for the storage of the new CoVid19 vaccine), however I'm hoping I can re-start 'threatening plastic with glue and paint' this weekend,

However, I did manage to knock up a few figures for the build, they just need a little bit more work and I'll post some pics... maybe later today...