Zvedza T-34/85 for Simon's Memorial build

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
here you go... some progress...

A few comrades for my dio. (they look a damned sight better in the flesh).

Since I've finished painting these I've gone back and made slings for the weapons from one of Mrs L's discarded wine bottle foil caps..

IMG_4306.jpg
IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4311.jpgIMG_4312.jpgIMG_4313.jpgIMG_4314.jpgIMG_4319.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
Looking good mate, it's nice to see a bright colour instead of the normal greys and brick.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I was just thinking the same thing Scottie......is it pink or salmon.....me eyes ain't what they used to be. It certainly sets off the 4BO on the T34. It will be a great looking Dio once you marry all the components together Chris. :thumb2: Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nicely placed rubble debris and weathering to the base of the walls Chris, building looking top rate.

Those figures, wow brilliant.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nicely placed rubble debris and weathering to the base of the walls Chris, building looking top rate.

Those figures, wow brilliant.
Many thanks John, I'm glad you like the figures, they've made a refreshing change from German army uniforms.

The picture barely shows that I've gone toward a green 'mossy' look to the bottom of the walls.. (maybe a tad more might help), I figured that just like everywhere else in Europe, Germany would also get it's fair share of inclement weather and without somebody to constantly maintain the building it would fall into dis-repair quite quickly...(prior to being bombed).. ;)

The rubble is still a bit of a WIP , I can't help but think that there's something missing from it.. maybe there should be more larger piles of rubble randomly placed around it.... hmmmm, I'll give it some more thought. unless you or anybody else has any ideas...I'm more than welcome to suggestions..:thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Many thanks John, I'm glad you like the figures, they've made a refreshing change from German army uniforms.

The picture barely shows that I've gone toward a green 'mossy' look to the bottom of the walls.. (maybe a tad more might help), I figured that just like everywhere else in Europe, Germany would also get it's fair share of inclement weather and without somebody to constantly maintain the building it would fall into dis-repair quite quickly...(prior to being bombed).. ;)

The rubble is still a bit of a WIP , I can't help but think that there's something missing from it.. maybe there should be more larger piles of rubble randomly placed around it.... hmmmm, I'll give it some more thought. unless you or anybody else has any ideas...I'm more than welcome to suggestions..:thumb2:
Chris if you wanted maybe a little plaster from the brick covering, as above the door, lying in the debris showing some pink or white. I throw a few bit of timber from the roof,slates etc or window glass onto the pavement.
I made some thin plaster by mixing some grey wall filler and spreading it onto some cling film allowing it to dry,no reason why you couldn't use white if you didn't have any grey. Once dry I lifted the sections off, or you could paint the white or pink then pull them away from the cling film.
If the filler is white, a touch of grey first then turn over and paint that pink or white. Of course balance to amount that you have against the exposed brick work.

Think myself the green is just enough, that hint and the staining on the walls above the bottom windows is to me perfect, It's easy to over do these little details.
The amount of room that you have and taking into consideration the size of the T34 is a matter of balance between how much debris you can apply.

HTH's

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Chris if you wanted maybe a little plaster from the brick covering, as above the door, lying in the debris showing some pink or white. I throw a few bit of timber from the roof,slates etc or window glass onto the pavement.
I made some thin plaster by mixing some grey wall filler and spreading it onto some cling film allowing it to dry,no reason why you couldn't use white if you didn't have any grey. Once dry I lifted the sections off, or you could paint the white or pink then pull them away from the cling film.
If the filler is white, a touch of grey first then turn over and paint that pink or white. Of course balance to amount that you have against the exposed brick work.

Think myself the green is just enough, that hint and the staining on the walls above the bottom windows is to me perfect, It's easy to over do these little details.
The amount of room that you have and taking into consideration the size of the T34 is a matter of balance between how much debris you can apply.

HTH's
Thanks John, I'll give your plaster idea a bash tomorrow...:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Attachments

• 1609271269392.png
    1609271269392.png
    960 bytes · Views: 0
Reactions: JR

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
had a bit of a mess around with some 'plaster debris',

I'm thinking I'm nearly there with how I originally thought it would look.... if anything I might add a wee bit more brick dust / rubble onto the rest of the cobbles, (mainly to break up the 'clean area' where the vehicle will sit....)

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is juuuuuuuuuuussstt right Chris, and JR is right about that hint of algae green at the base of the structure.....it's there but it's not knocking your eyes out. Very effective . Rick H. :thumb2:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
That is juuuuuuuuuuussstt right Chris, and JR is right about that hint of algae green at the base of the structure.....it's there but it's not knocking your eyes out. Very effective . Rick H. :thumb2:
Cheers Rick..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's coming on very nicely. Well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh boy, that is it, and what a difference that makes .
Can see you point about adding some more, amongst and around the T34 Chris.
I'd place it first in case the debris ends up under any of the track and it messes up the look. See how it looks, adding or removing if required before you fix.
John

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And a few more hours at the bench resulting in a bit more work done, this is slowly creeping toward the finish line,
not too much to do really, just finalizing a few things like the positioning of figures and adding a bit more debris..... anyway, here you go.

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg