Zvezda 1/35 BT 5 TANK

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve , they come as mixed sets, but are in differing groups, the bottom run is the longest, as the tracks start to turn they become single or two links . There is a diagram which I have stuck to

Thanks for the link.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sounds like the links are premade to fit into certain positions so should be good to go without cutting them up. Maybe a fresh set of eyes tomorrow will do the trick.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds like the links are premade to fit into certain positions so should be good to go without cutting them up. Maybe a fresh set of eyes tomorrow will do the trick.
Hi mate, I half sawed through that link that was to pronounced and then bent it and |ca'd into place.
Been looking for wreaks of the BT-5, might have to remove that aerial thingy. Bit scarce.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I Really can’t keep up with who’s building what, where and when :astonished::upside:

Your a sucker for the fiddly diddly stuff Mr Race and to your credit you don’t just give up! Forget the glue marks, we all get them from one degree to another....a bit of primer and paint and no one will be any wiser !

keep it coming that man :cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Sorry to hear your having problems with this. I'm sure you will lick into shape. Steve has posted some interesting pics. I wouldn't mind having ago myself.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice of you Steve, unfortunately the build is no more, those damned tracks were the last straw. They are in the bin and the tank is going to be used for rust practice , so that top photo may be used at some point.Might buy the Tamyia version later, as I have some Fruil tracks for the BT-7.

John,
Sorry to hear your having problems with this. I'm sure you will lick into shape. Steve has posted some interesting pics. I wouldn't mind having ago myself.
Cheers Paul, as I said to Steve. Moving on no point in worrying some things I just can't manage.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jim,
yes, there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough, and bin the offender - it's amazing the feeling of relief when you open a new kit box...............
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave your spot on there, I set to and finished the dio with the bike and fitted all the wheels on the StuG. At least those tracks being Fruil I can enjoy .
Might get the Tamiya BT - 7 , at least Tamiya instructions are clearer !