Zvezda 1/35 GAZ 233014 Tigr with Kornet A/TK missiles

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bodywork assembled to chassis.................P1060732.JPGP1060733.JPG
I have to say that the fit is very good, just edge preparation to remove the sprue connections, then it all falls into place, just TET run into the joints - no warping, no gaps, quite a relief
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Basecoat added - AK Pale TanP1060734.JPG
Underside & wheel wells masked with tape & damp tissue. All windows masked with masking fluid. The doors, side, rear and missile, have been temporarily added ( using masking fluid ), so I can get the camo patches contiguous. I'm going to cut some paper masks - nice flat surfaces, so it should be OK. I've left off the front grill, bull bars, headlamps etc., rather than a lot of tricky masking - with it being a hard edged camo, brush touch up is easy
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Sincere apologies, somehow missed this completely. Looking very good so far and I LOVE the tyre skewer method, don't know why I've not thought of that before, so will be squirreling it away for future use!

ATB

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andrew,
I use rolled up A4 paper - doesn't have to be good paper, 5 or 6 tyres is the most you can do without them slipping up & down
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After consideration of paper masks, I decided to hand paint the camo , it was quicker than making the masksP1060735.JPGP1060736.JPG
I used AK Base Green ( Protective ) - yes, that's what it says on the bottle.
The headlamps & grille have also been paintedP1060737.JPG
Next is to add the thin black streaks on the camo, this'll take a bit longer, because I'll have to use a smaller brush! After a day or so, after final touch up, I'll seal it all in with a coat of varnish
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That green looks a little spotty — it’ll probably help a lot to go over just the paler areas with a second coat. Other than that, the camouflage looks fine to me :smiling3:

The name quoted for the paint, BTW, is probably because the Russian name for it translates as “protective green”.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jakko,
brush painting over a light finish generally needs a second coat ( and touch up ), that's a problem with the acrylics that say brush or spray, they're just a little too thin for one brush coat. I'll wait until tomorrow, to see any thin areas by daylight before moving onto the varnish stage
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
brush painting over a light finish generally needs a second coat ( and touch up )
Tell me about it :sad: But at least the second coat is usually much quicker to put on than the first.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The main body is nearly complete, and ready for final assembly - apart from a few minor touch ups ( and I broke one windscreen wiper off ).P1060738.JPGP1060739.JPG
I haven't found any pictures of the Tigr Kornet with any markings, so no decals.
Just the missile launchers to go
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
4 wheels on my wagon!
End caps for the missiles & missile tubes painted & ready for assembling. The two launcher arms ready for the next stageP1060741.JPG
The launcher arms are tricky little assemblies - a few more bits to add - I have to decide when to paint - to do this when fully finished would be a nightmare............
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Rapidly approaching a finish...........................P1060765.JPGP1060766.JPGP1060767.JPGP1060768.JPG

The next pictures will appear in the 'completed section'...........................
Dave

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Dave,
Nice quick build for you - good job.
Mike