Zvezda 1/35 Gaz M1 Finally Completed!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finished!
DSCF0859.JPGDSCF0854.JPGDSCF0855.JPGDSCF0856.JPGDSCF0857.JPGDSCF0858.JPG
The Gaz M1 isn't a fancy car, nothing special, just a late 30's bog standard saloon. I suppose the Soviets were very proud of it, but in automobile history, it's a bit of a footnote.
Only Zvezda would make a model of such an obscure ( at least in the West ) car. They have done a magnificent job of this, the detail & fit of the parts was very good. The instructions need careful study, and the most difficult thing was working out the painting sequence. I've no advice on this, you'd have to do it the way you feel comfortable with!
I did really enjoy this model, just enough of a challenge to keep the interest going, but not too difficult that you got discouraged. It would have been finished sooner, but for the heatwave. The model is detailed enough to suit all modellers - no PE needed. It is, however not a model for the beginner, the tiny parts, in such a small car need fine tweezers & patience.
Thanks for looking in
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great, always like this period of car design and you’ve done a fine job of this one. My uncle always called them “sit up and beg” style cars :thumb2:

Komedy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Warren
Lovely job Dave very nice finish

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks great Dave, the black makes it look a wee bit menacing I think.

Andy.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice build, Dave.
My dad's first car was similar - A Morris 8.

Note the 'Suicide' front passenger door, and how it was hinged on the right. When I was about 9, I nearly lost my life to these fiendish things. I was travelling on the front seat when the door simply decided to fly open. I had my arm hanging out of it at the time, and only my dad's quick reaction in grabbing me saved me from being thrown out onto the road......

Sorry for the wandering....

Ron

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Nicely done Dave, and good to see something a bit different from the norm!
Pete