JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve.

Well for the few that have followed along, that's pretty much it, so thanks for sticking with me.

I'm sure it could be made much better by those of you more adept at weathering, but I've reached the point where every time I touch it something else breaks off, so probably a good time to stop. I even managed to snap one of the axles clean through! :smiling5:

vGlVRj8.jpg

TbM1Hfj.jpg

ikPI3AK.jpg

XoCiqS9.jpg

WRWcbUZ.jpg

poitTAa.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
just had a catch up that is a cracking result mate very nice indeed.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andy and Paul.

I can't help feeling it's a bit too clean, shiny and monotone, but maybe I'll revisit it at a later date when I have a bit more experience with oils.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's a fine looking truck. You over came all the obstacles on this build and created a good looking model. Well done sir

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you both.

As a coincidence there was one posted on Zvezda's Instagram page yesterday which had been taken to another level. He's even threaded all of the holes to tie down the canvas tilt, something that now looks obviously missing on mine.

But Rome wasn't built in a day, so as long as I keep heading in the right direction I'll get to where I want to be eventually. Providing my short attention span lets me! :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good job on that one Andy. Nice clean build with a top quality paint finish. Difficult to get interest into a single colour paint scheme, but you’ve managed it with the different coloured tilt. I would agree ref. Cleanliness though. The paintwork is fine, but I think it may need a little more variety in the dust on the chassis.....and perhaps a slightly more Matt slightly faded finish on the tilt.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim. There's a fair bit of tonal variety in the cab and bed sides too, using black basing & pre shading, but as usual I can't pick it up on camera! At some point I'll pluck up the courage to go back to it, as so far it's only had a quick pigment wash.

I purposely left the tilt with a bit of sheen as the real ones are plastic, rather than canvas, so tend to look that way when clean.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thank you both.

As a coincidence there was one posted on Zvezda's Instagram page yesterday which had been taken to another level. He's even threaded all of the holes to tie down the canvas tilt, something that now looks obviously missing on mine.

But Rome wasn't built in a day, so as long as I keep heading in the right direction I'll get to where I want to be eventually. Providing my short attention span lets me! :smiling5:
I assume that's the same one that appeared on the Zvezda Facebook page, that looks fantastic, but he's got the windscreen wiper swept area too big for the wipers - just looks odd! Yours, with a bit of weathering/washes will look just as good!
Dave

D

Deleted member 7181

Yes, same one Dave.

It looks like he's used the kit wipers to make a template (as I did, but haven't used), then fitted some different AM ones, that would never actually lay flat, hence him posing them halfway.

Makes me feel a little better being able to find a small flaw :smiling5:

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think the model looks great Andy but I tend to err on the clean side of things, they were all clean when they left the factory. :smiling5:

Andy.