Zvezda 1/35 L4500R Maultier- Completed & Mojo restored!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The Zvezda Maultier ( Mule ) was the model I decided to take up, after a barren period.................................
DSCF0723.JPGDSCF0719.JPG
DSCF0717.JPG
DSCF0718.JPGDSCF0721.JPGDSCF0722.JPG

This was a real pleasure to build - only a smear of filler ( probably because I didn't follow the instruction sequence ), the fit of parts was excellent. Too good in places, as paint caused interference, but scraping, or a fine drill cured that. It builds up into quite a large model! The engineering & construction sequence was logical - the only thing I didn't like was the 'sandwich' tyres. No PE, - it really doesn't need it!
Sadly the Maultier doesn't appear to be in the shops at the moment, but you can pick them up pre-owned for<£25.
Zvezda have really upped their game -they're complicated models, not really suited for a beginner, but they are well detailed and make up into good looking models.
The Maultier has whetted my appetite for Zvezda 1/35 - after the BP Defiant for the BoB GB, I might go for another - perhaps the T34/85, or the T90MS, or even the Pantsir - all are trying to attract my attention from the stash!
Thanks for dropping buy - if you've never tried a Zvezda model - give a modern model a try.................
Dave

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Have only built 1/100 Zvesda before, but they are nice kits.

That's a nice little mule....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice job Dave and glad it has re-energised the mojo. The way things have been the last few months it is hardly surprising our heads are all over the place.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice result Dave, suitably muddy and great it got your mojo back :thumb2: :thumb2:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Great finish Dave, looks like it's been on the muddy roads in Russia during the spring thaw.:thumb2: