Zvezda 1/35 L4500R Maultier

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Further progress - at first I didn't think the fenders were going to fit, but with careful jiggling, they go into place, snugly...........
DSCF0701.JPGDSCF0702.JPG
Masking fluid on the windows, wheel hubs & holding the drivers' door in place. A few more bits, and I'll be ready to spray the front area.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Finally managed to get the tracks completed, not very easy, my hand is still stiff..................
DSCF0704.JPG
I couldn't get the tracks to stick - until I opened up a new bottle of Loctite CA, the original bottle, still half full has lost it's grab!
After finishing the tracks, I couldn't resist dry fitting the tilt, to see how it fits......................
DSCF0703.JPG
I'll mask up a lot of the chassis, so I can spray the cab & mudguards with the camo.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
On the tilt, I had to fill the seams & sand, but all I've done since then is a basecoat of grey-green - the moulding of the sagging canvas is very good, and will lend itself to washes & weathering - you did have the option of of having the rear canvas face rolled up, but then you'd have to find a suitable cargo.............
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I hadn't thought about a base - I may have a look to see if I've anything the right size - one problem with a diorama base is that you really have to have a figure in there, and I don't think I've got anything suitable!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the tilt, adds a lot to the build, and very realistic too.

Glad to read your recovering. My Mo Jo has made a return. :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Few bits added, headlights, notek etc, then primed. Then sprayed with basecoat
DSCF0707.JPG

I've left off the width indicators & wing mirror - too spindly & fragile, I'll add them at the end - next a couple of decals. I'll mask them, then add the camo. I haven't decided whether headlights, or slotted covers....................
Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dave looking very sharp and I’m glad your mojo is holding out

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This will be the last part of the blog................. I've still to add the windscreen wipers, width indicators & wing mirror, then I'm going to add some light mud to the wheels/tracks
DSCF0713.JPGDSCF0714.JPGDSCF0715.JPG
I've given it several washes, and light oversprays of reddish dust, it looks more obvious in the flesh, but overall I'm quite happy - I don't want to go and spoil it all with excessive mud, so I'll take the finishing touches with care...............
Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nice well done Dave I'll say it again theres some great kits out there without big names on the box love the tarp your handling of it and the moulding.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I will be posting final pictures in the 'completed' section - tomorrow - just in time to start my Defiant for the BoB GB.............
Dave