Zvezda 1/35 SA-22 Pantsir ( Greyhound ) - by popular vote!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Turret just about finished - there are several clear bits to add to the optics ( between the guns ) I'll leave those off until the main painting is done.
DSCF1251.JPGDSCF1253.JPG
The missile tubes can elevate, but as they are pivoted towards the rear, and there is no support mechanism, they return to the down position. I may have to fix them in position, I'll have a look at some pictures to see what they look like on the real thing.
It may be a while before I go on with this, I have a few health ( and domestic ) problems, and I need to try and get them sorted ASAP.
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hope you feel better soon Dave. The Greyhound is looking good.
Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s coming along splendidly Dave. Hope you get your issues sorted out without too much drama.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Back to the bench - still a bit wobbly, but at least I felt like doing something, even if was just wielding the airbrush!
DSCF1254.JPGDSCF1255.JPGDSCF1257.JPG
The paint has added to the friction on the missile tubes, so they stay put now. The fronts of the radar units need painting a semi-gloss tan, - and I think the details will respond to a good dark wash.
Really, this isn't far off finishing, I'll have to put it all together, and apply some weathering overall, so I get a good even ( uneven ) effect.
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Dave. I have high hopes for this beast.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great to see you back at the bench Dave. This really is a great looking kit isn’t it.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Model looking well Dave, pleased you are getting back into it.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I was intending to put the 4 hydraulic rams down, to support the vehicle, but I feel that they aren't strong enough for the not-very-light model, so I'll do them retracted, so the weight is taken on all 8 wheels. It's also a possibility that the chassis could sag - the rams are to the rear of the chassis & the cab & engine could cause a bit of creep.
Dave

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The fragile bits are still to be fitted, and those that will be clean after a bit of weathering - lights, rear ladders, windscreen wipers, rear view mirrors.
DSCF1258.JPGDSCF1259.JPG
The turret hasn't had any washes applied yet. I've given up the idea of painting the radomes tan, photos don't show this - I've just applied masking fluid, so any weathering won't be on the active surfaces.
These will be the last pictures in the 'under construction' area - the next will be in the 'completed' section - before Christmas, I hope!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to see you back, hope you are feeling better.
Certainly looking good.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A slight update on the Pantsir progress...................................
There is none...................... it's on my bench, but I haven't been. I've had a few problems, my cold water tank sprang a terminal leak, and trying to get a plumber at this time of year is like trying to get an audience with the Dalai Lama.
I did get one eventually - very expensive! Sadly my health has deteriorated , and I've spent a lot of time asleep. I did go to the bench, but after I dropped various things, realised that my hand/eye coordination was not working, and gave up. I'm still following the forum, and trying to add the new model spots on the internet, but that's about it at the moment.
Dave

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Sorry to hear all that Dave. Hope things start improving for you soon.

Nick

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hope your not out of action for too long Dave.

Shame you don’t live anywhere near me...I’d of come over and sorted your plumbing out for you for free!
take care of yourself and we’ll see you soon.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hang in there Dave keep your self busy its hard i know but as you say keeping an eye on whats going down here and updating your whats new spot all helps lets hope next year starts to brighten for all of us. Dave