Zvezda 1/35 T-90MS

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Been absent from the bench - my osteoarthritis in my right hand has flared up, and I've been virtually one handed for a few days. It's difficult enough doing the day to day living tasks, using my weak hand, so the bench has been unoccupied...................
Been hitting the Paracetamol, and it finally seems to be subsiding, bit I'll probably have to go and see my GP again. - One of the joys of getting older........
Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been absent from the bench - my osteoarthritis in my right hand has flared up, and I've been virtually one handed for a few days. It's difficult enough doing the day to day living tasks, using my weak hand, so the bench has been unoccupied...................
Been hitting the Paracetamol, and it finally seems to be subsiding, bit I'll probably have to go and see my GP again. - One of the joys of getting older........
Dave
Dave,
Hope it settles down soon.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I find Ibuprofen and Paracetamol combined work when I have a flare from my rheumatoid arthritis Dave…..like right now actually :loudly-crying: . Takes the pain off and reduces the swelling enough to let me function….not good enough to model though, fine motor skills are pretty much absent during a flare…..my hands look like I’ve been bare knuckle boxing at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to read that Dave, getting an appointment to see a Doctor here is like finding hen's teeth. Hope it's better where you are .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry to read that Dave, getting an appointment to see a Doctor here is like finding hen's teeth. Hope it's better where you are .
John,
my local practice has 6 doctors, and as long as you don't want to see one specifically, then it's usually about 4-5 days, but if it's urgent, they reckon on seeing you on the same day
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
My hand has quickly recovered, not quite up to assembling really little bits yet, but OK to apply masks & use the airbrush ( first time with my left hand! )
DSCF2140.JPG
Masks pretty good on the turret - but I have a load of bits to add - commanders cupola, sights, remote mg mounting, bar armour, so there will be a lot of touching up...................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hand a lot better, but still aches & stiffens up after a bit of use - but I've just about finished adding bits to the turret.
DSCF2142.JPGDSCF2143.JPG
You can see why I left off these bits - they'd make a mask totally useless. I have to go round and touch up the new parts to match the existing camo. I still haven't added the transparencies - I can still add them from inside the turret ( I hope ). It's getting towards the final stages. It's a long build, not a shake & bake model, but with enough challenges to keep you interested. The sheer number of tiny parts makes it really unsuitable for a beginner!!!!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Dave. Well done.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking quite involved. Definitely one to paint like you did, with the masks on the basic shape first and only then adding the details. Even without that mask set, this seems like the best approach to me.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is a complex build Dave. The turret looks like a vehicle all on its own! Excellent work :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm wondering now if it would have been easier to brush paint the camo after the assembly was finished - using a pencil over the sprayed basecoat, to mark out the pattern. The paper masks do give the correct shapes, but there is so much touching up after adding the fiddly bits, that it doesn't save any time! I'll never know - I'm certainly not intending to make this again, just to compare a brush painting method.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The turret is more or less complete..................
DSCF2152.JPG
This will be the last picture in the 'under construction' section!
I'll unite the hull & turret, do a little detail painting, a wash or two, and I'll reveal the complete beast in the 'completed' section.
I'm still going through the sprues & finding unused bits! OK, some are optional parts for open/closed sensors, but others are mystifying....................
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Just caught up. I have missed a lot. First off I'm glad the hand is getting better. Hope all goes ok at the docs. Like John face to face appointments here are virtually impossible.
This is an intricate kit but you've made a cracking job of it. One definitely for "experienced modellers". Paint job looks great but as you say the masks are not ideal with so many nooks and crannies. Turret is indeed a model in itself.
Jim

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
John,
my local practice has 6 doctors, and as long as you don't want to see one specifically, then it's usually about 4-5 days, but if it's urgent, they reckon on seeing you on the same day
Dave
Good Grief Dave, getting to see mine is take your own coffin and wait inside it and hope you last out the time to be told too late you've had it.....