Zvezda 1/350 Knyaz Suvorov - completed for now....................

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well, finished, at least for the moment - it needs some rigging & flags etc, but I'm going to leave it for a while.
DSCF1744.JPGDSCF1741.JPGDSCF1743.JPGDSCF1742.JPG

The Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov is a good model - I complicated matters by waterlining it & adding the sea! I've been sidelined by illness during this build, and really haven't regained the enthusiasm I had at the start - I was fully intending to add PE railings, but thought better of it. If you want a reasonably complex build, then get your hands on this, or her sisters Borodino, or Orel. They do seem to be getting rarer than a few years ago, and prices can be high.
Thanks for dropping by, on this long delayed completion.
Dave

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dainty masts make rigging difficult to near impossible in this scale. Formidable vessel indeed. Never understood the waterline guns.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Dave. The seascape adds to the effect. Complex ships aren’t they…..
Paul, the waterline guns are there because the tactics of the time fully expected the ships to fight in line of battle at short range, and quick firing smaller guns in casemates allowed a larger weight of broadside to be delivered.
Tsushima and Dreadnought changed this perception forever, extending the expected fighting range to the limits of visibility. Secondary casemate guns then changed role to that of repelling torpedo boat attack.