Zvezda 1/48 Su-57

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Nick and John. It's taken pride of place on my side table in the TV room. Thankfully the wife loves it too so it might be able to stay there for a while :smiling5:

That is a very good-looking model … Even with masks, that camo must have been interesting to mask?
Thanks Jakko.

Masking wasn't as bad as I'd feared. The "wings" were one piece each with a few extra little shapes that were easy to line up, with a smaller piece for either side of the forward fuselage. I added a bit of tape in places for extra security and where I knew I wouldn't be able to spray at an ideal angle, but apart from that pretty easy, and I'll have no issues using the same type of mask again. Keeping all the control surfaces separate definitely helped, I just test fitted them in place to make sure the masks lined up with each other.

I was initially concerned about the material. I'd have preferred tape masks but they have only just become available. However, once I actually looked at them they were cut from Oramask 810, which seems to be the one of the favourites of those modellers that make their own masks, so maybe I needn't have worried.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,

That turned out very nicely indeed

Well done.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Excellent work Andy, that scheme Looks tricky but very coolio :cool: :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Si.

It was a bit of a fingers crossed spray & pray job, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Scratchy,

The ladder is Wunderbar (Wonderful in German) and shows your scratch building skills are tops! As a thought and maybe the cherry on top, would be having "Pilotski" Sergei standing next to the ladder in his flight suit as a size reference. Just an idea Andy......No pressure.....

Prost
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking build Andy, lovely paint job !

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking scheme Andy, the masks worked:thumb2::thumb2::cool: and neat additional of the ladder:smiling:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Bob & Fernando, glad you like it.

Allen, without major surgery the nearest I could do is have him squatting as though he was caught short mid flight :surprised: