Zvezda 1/72 C-130H Hercules

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Good call to not bother with the warning lines. They’ll add interest to the model, but getting them on straight sounds like a very difficult job that’s all too easy to mess up.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great Andy. Love it when the decals go on, it brings the bird to life.....

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Andy, I'd have thought a chap with your experience would mask and paint the walkway lines.
Pete

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you chaps. I did at least have a go, but it looked like it was going to be more trouble than it was worth. I get easily knocked off course by minor issues so thought I'd better avoid this one :smiling5:

I have thought about it Pete, but again felt like I'd be leaving myself open to failure. I still haven't ruled it out completely, hence not flat coating the model today, but the margin for error is so fine I'll need another nights sleep on it :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great with those front end decals on Andy, brings it to life.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks John. All of the fluff adds a bit extra too I think :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Great stuff. Very nice paint job and the decals seem to have gone on nicely. I think I would also have given up with the lines.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim. Yes, I think I can live without the bit of extra detail for the stress it might have caused lol.

After a flat coat on everything but the nose it was time for final assembly. I'm really liking the new AK flat varnish now I've had a few goes with it. An extra coat would have made it even more flat, but I settled on a very slight sheen that would reflect light back here & there.

First off were the wheels, which have very flat bottoms OOB so I wanted to make sure they were all straight, true, and touching the ground. After much head scratching I found a thin glass plate from a picture frame I'd repurposed for a diorama. It worked great as I could check their alignment whilst making sure they were all touching it.

j8pEb1Z.jpg

Then the props and extra tanks went on. I think I've got plenty of noseweight given that I had to add a big chunk in the back to balance it while fitting these.

KTGpy4B.jpg

Rear loading ramp. Now this is either excellent engineering, or just plain great luck, but all 6 wheels and the ramp touch the glass perfectly! I was expecting to have to play around with the hydraulic stays that hold the ramp in place, to get the height right, but it all just slotted together :cool:

yHmYIsj.jpg

And a couple of shots of it on the base. I'm going to attempt some EZ line antenna wires, which I've had mixed success with in the past, so either there'll be a completed topic with more pictures, or this will be the last you see of it :smiling5:

wetRgiZ.jpg

gJ3m93K.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback and am very chuffed with it myself.

Oh, and the EZ line went well, so there'll be more pictures to follow when I can find some room to take them!

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul, everything just seemed to go right for me with this one.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job andy , the paint job is superb , cheers tony