Zvezda 1/72 MI-24P Hind

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Had some fun fitting the doors, covers and various other easy to knock off bits today.

The main side doors were the biggest headache and I admitted defeat and only displayed one open. If my pet octopus hadn't been having the day off he could have helped. I needed to hold the model steady, the lower door, upper door, and the single strut in position, then get some glue on. Not enough hands! :smiling5:

I ended up putting a tiny bit of glue on the doors, just enough so they wouldn't fall off but I could still move them a bit. Then get the strut in position and adjust the doors to line up with it. All with tweezers as there's nowhere near enough room to get fingers in. Managed to get a big splash of glue on the upper door which stripped the paint so that had to be touched in.

Also continuing to mess about with my pictures and tried Tim's suggestion of a red background to help the green camo pop.

B9YdnIF.jpg

QWjCEFj.jpg

Not too far off finished now. Plenty of minor touch ups once the glue on the doors has set solid, and the spinny bits to throw on. Canopies are looking decidedly dull so will try and polish them up too. The plastic on these is really soft and floppy though, not something I've come across before, and even the friction heat from a polishing cloth softens them and dulls the surface again, so need to go steady.

I also need to scan back through the instructions as I've got loads of left over parts! Some I know are for different versions, some are so tiny that I didn't bother, but just want to check I haven't left something important on the sprue.