Zvezda 1/72 MI-8 Rescue Helicopter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

I kind of bought this in error as I thought it was a new kit, but it turned out to be a reboxing. Consequently it doesn't have the fit and finish of more recent Zvezda kits but I wrestled it into something decent.

There's the odd mould line here & there, more gaps than I'd like, but it was a nice "quickie", and most importantly - fun! Plus, after doing so many Tamiya kits recently the decals on this were an absolute joy.

rq8E4d8.jpg

WPf7k2C.jpg

5QjxUrs.jpg

2XMYBz7.jpg

sbfFS3T.jpg

z6sTR4W.jpg

SmDmEX7.jpg

ovigCiJ.jpg

NSNkksM.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I like helicopter models. Only ever made one myself and it drove me demented. This looks very good.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
that's turned out nicely - the older Zvezda models can be problematical ( I have several in the stash! ). Now I always check the model number on Scalemates to see the mould date........................
Dave

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks really good Andy, is that the same stuff you sent me you are using as background?

Andy.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks guys.

I was a bit trigger happy in this case Dave and forgot to check until after I'd ordered it. Lesson learned..

Yes Andy. My booth is ready for a filter change so cut a bit off the huge roll I have, but keep using it for padding or a soft place to put things. Does a decent job of a sky background too if you squint a lot :smiling2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Beautifully done Andy. Looks like you do your better work on problematic kits perhaps being more careful and attentive. The canopy masking work is pretty good and clean. If you hadn't mentioned it being an older mold kit I wouldn't have known. You made it look good.

Cheers,
Richard

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very good Andy. Makes a nice change from the usual Hind.
Pete

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for the great comments all!

Richard - I spent a lot more time than I would normally on the canopy masking and I think it's made a difference too. One to remember for the future.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's superb Andy. Very nicely finished, and I wouldn't have known it was an older mould.