Zvezda 1/72 Russian Napoleonic Figures...............

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
DSCF0303.JPG

Although these figures are intended for wargaming, they are of sufficient quality to stand as models in their own right
In the boxes,
The Infantry Command Group has 5 figures, - one mounted officer, one walking officer, fifer, drummer & standard bearer - a few detail shots
DSCF0306.JPGDSCF0307.JPG
DSCF0314.JPG
DSCF0308.JPGDSCF0309.JPG

The Foot artillery has one cannon, and six figures, an officer pointing, and five OR in action poses around the cannonDSCF0312.JPGDSCF0313.JPG

The Dragoons, 3 mounted figures two carrying sabres, one firing a pistolDSCF0310.JPGDSCF0311.JPG

Remember these are all in 1/72, men being around the 25mm mark in height. Some of the ingates are a bit large, and will need careful removal & clean up. All the horses are in individual poses, no duplicates, the figures look to be in natural poses, considering what they're doing! The assembly pegs look horrendous, but they are intended to snap together without glue. If they cause any problems, then a knife and TET will solve it. They do have large bases, but I'll be able to make alternatives. One omission is any colour details, other than the painting on the front of the box, but I'm sure the internet will provide pointers
Dave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Dave, what's come over you? You really seem to have caught the figure bug! These look very nice indeed - better quality than a lot of the larger stuff available.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
Since the turn of the year, I've been attempting to try new things - things that are outside my comfort zone, and figures are one of those!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
I don't know what you're taking but I want some :tongue-out3: You've taken on every genre and scale. These tiny figures look very well done for their scale and a nice opportunity to use some bright colours.
Jim

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After taking the pictures, I couldn't resist putting together one of the dragoons. Careful removal & trimming the ingates on the horse - and that's it - snapped together ( they're never going to come apart ). The figure, much more delicate - I trimmed the pegs for attaching him to the horse. I can still remove him, for when painting happens.......................
DSCF0316.JPGDSCF0320.JPGDSCF0318.JPG
The body still needs to be glued together, pushing him onto the horse has opened the joint.

Just to show the size............................
DSCF0321.JPG

You can pick these up for about £4 a box ( + p&p ), and for a vignette, or a small diorama, I think pretty good value!
Dave

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
They don't look too bad Dave - certainly better than a few of their WW2 sets I have

Plenty of scope for reworking them as well, if so inclined, being in hard styrene - replacement reins for example to remove the solid lump

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They look good to me Dave, nice detail and good poses. If you get stuck on uniform painting details, I have a couple of books that might come in handy, so just shout...
cheers
Tim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
As Peter said, they look better moulded than many of the larger scale figures! Good luck with the painting...
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I see what you mean by "large bases" Dave. Should be easy enough to rectify. Will be fun to watch this as you get it together.
Rick H.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm not actually going to make any of these, yet. I just HAD to try one to see how they fit together. I've got two models on the go at the moment, and another bust waiting impatiently....................
I might just paint the one I've assembled, if I have the right paints in use with another build!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well a change is as good as a rest, and what a change. All good to challenge your self to something different .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Going outside the comfort zone is part of my modelmaking at the moment - who knows what will catch my eye next?
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Been off colour the last few days ( diabetic, not covid! ). Didn't fancy making anything, so I picked these up as a painting exercise more than anything. Finished as troopers of the Smolensk Dragoons. Each consists of 3 parts. Mounted on a 50mm X 50mm plastic cardDSCF0622.JPGDSCF0624.JPGDSCF0625.JPGDSCF0626.JPGDSCF0628.JPG
All acrylics - just paints I picked out of the box as nearest suitable, Vallejo, AK, MiG, Hataka.................
Texture added to base by talcum powder mixed in acrylics & sprayed overall with matt varnish
Dave

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Very nice Dave.

if you are thinking of converting any figures, I found that the ideal pins to use are entemology pins, the type collectors use to pin insects. From here

Peter

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice Figs. Dave, and the bases turned out better than the originals. Rick H.