Zvezda SU - 100 1/35 SCALE & BM truck

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
I use Tamyia extra thin to thin out and brush over the joint to smooth it.
Thanks Paul. I'm assuming it will work when the Squadron Green has cured as well ?

Sorry for my lateness John, just scanned the whole business and I must say you are really doing this one up!
Will be chiming in more often for sure.

Keep up the good work! :thumb2:

Jim
Hi Jim, always glad to have you along :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John.
Not sure I haven't tried that. Hopefully one of the other guys can answer that.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update JR. Looking forward to seeing how you weather the ammo boxes. Did they come with any decals??

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
JR , finally Just read through this thread, a great bit of scratchery going on here I like the tarp and all of the other accessories that are being put on. I also recently tried the paper fold liquid stuff and like the way it performed as well. That base looks REALLY great.... that bench seems to be staying somewhat tidy..lol...but you may have to tie up the rabble and secure them with some cargo ties in the back of that truck to keep them in line..

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Sorry for missing this till now John.
Great work on the BM and Su, love the scratch built bed:thumb2:.
Neat base for those two too:smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John.
Not sure I haven't tried that. Hopefully one of the other guys can answer that.
Thanks Paul, well I had a go and it seems to work, did think his arm might fall off where it was just plastic to plastic :smiling2: but seems ok.

Nice update JR. Looking forward to seeing how you weather the ammo boxes. Did they come with any decals??
Hi Steve.
Thanks, yes came with decals.
2020.jpg

2020_2.jpg
Someone is going to have fun wrapping those around the shells:surprised: Some I think are for the boxes as well .

JR , finally Just read through this thread, a great bit of scratchery going on here I like the tarp and all of the other accessories that are being put on. I also recently tried the paper fold liquid stuff and like the way it performed as well. That base looks REALLY great.... that bench seems to be staying somewhat tidy..lol...but you may have to tie up the rabble and secure them with some cargo ties in the back of that truck to keep them in line..
Hi Joe , good to see you, oh the Rabble have been quite good recently, think the thought of a visit from Matron has kept them in check.:smiling: As to the bench its not been clean for that long, give it a week or two. Jim's spies are everywhere to I have to be careful

Sorry for missing this till now John.
Great work on the BM and Su, love the scratch built bed:thumb2:.
Neat base for those two too:smiling:

No problem Fernando, cheers for the kind comment.

John.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey John
Just had a look through your posts.Very, very nice work.The work done on the SU-100, figures, truck and base are all great. Looking forward to the progress on this dip.
Cheers
Paul

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey John
Just had a look through your posts.Very, very nice work.The work done on the SU-100, figures, truck and base are all great. Looking forward to the progress on this dip.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul, appreciate you looking in.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow that is beautiful...and plus the idea for re-arming and re-fueling is great.... LUVELY and i'm really curios to see mooore.. ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Great job on shell and your dio is looking good as well

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow JR those rounds came out nice. I did notice quite a bit of difference in the length of them, I assume the ones that are longer are AP rounds and the shorter are HE? At any rate, there had to have been quite a bit of "free bore" between the gun chamber and where the rifling begins. That's something I didn't know until now. Learn something everyday. Rick H.:thumb2::nerd: